Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Observations of Match Play Function

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:47 PM (1 replies)
  • dmkhorns
    8 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 1:45 PM

Love the new match play function ... very fun competition. 

I have a couple of observations:

• One, the game should have a "concede the hole" option so that one opponent doesn't have to grind over a double bogey putt while the other person is close for birdie.  Also, there should be a "good-good" button so that each opponent can concede the others putt and move on to the next hole.  This is how match play works in real life, and would be a great time-saver in the game.
    • Two, the game needs a quicker function to drop and forfeit an opponent that wants to give up.  Here is a scenario I dealt with.  Playing a nine hole match and had my opponent two down after three holes.  He says, "good game, i have to go, you win."  He then hits the "drop match" button, which means that the game ends with no impact on our won-loss records.  I tell him, no way.  Either play, or concede, but you're losing now and I'm not letting you off.  He complained and sat there for a long time doing nothing, and ultimately I won by forfeit.  I don't know if he forfeited or if the game knocked him off.  It took a really long time ... and he was a bit of a jerk.
    • Three, I would love to be able to filter invitees to a game by tier or average.  When I hit "anyone," I feel bad declining a match with an amateur.

Thanks for the game WGT!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

RSS