Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiger and Caddy split up....

Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:44 AM (48 replies)
  • spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2011 4:23 PM

While reading an article in GolfWorld the other day regarding Adam Scott and Tiger Woods it suddenly came to me that both plan to play in the President's Cup. And because (unlike the Ryder Cup) one team releases their lineup first in the Sunday singles, I realized that there is no doubt that they will be paired against each other for the sake of good TV ratings. Not only will we have our eyes on the surging Adam Scott and the former world number one Tiger Woods, our sights will be fixed upon Steve Williams, the subject of much talk after calling Adam Scott's win at WGC " the best I've ever seen". One thing is for sure, not only are we set for possibly the most highly contested President's Cup in history, but also some fantastic television. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2011 5:53 AM

spinmaster:

While reading an article in GolfWorld the other day regarding Adam Scott and Tiger Woods it suddenly came to me that both plan to play in the President's Cup. And because (unlike the Ryder Cup) one team releases their lineup first in the Sunday singles, I realized that there is no doubt that they will be paired against each other for the sake of good TV ratings. Not only will we have our eyes on the surging Adam Scott and the former world number one Tiger Woods, our sights will be fixed upon Steve Williams, the subject of much talk after calling Adam Scott's win at WGC " the best I've ever seen". One thing is for sure, not only are we set for possibly the most highly contested President's Cup in history, but also some fantastic television. 

Looking forward to the Presidents Cup. My end of the world for a change...lol. The talk at the moment is Tiger might not make it down here. 

• golfer342
    132 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2011 8:45 PM

Tiger will make it down there (appearance fees) But won't make the team. Unless he plays more tournaments - which he won't because he's Tiger.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2011 5:56 PM

golfer342:

Tiger will make it down there (appearance fees) But won't make the team. Unless he plays more tournaments - which he won't because he's Tiger.

Not sure about the appearance fees this time around with Tiger. I know that The Captain of the US Pres. Cup team said to Tiger that he would like him to play in a Aussie comp before the Presidents Cup, which is around the Australian Open time (I think).

If Tiger is fit and well...he will play for sure. Just the $'s it brings in with TV coverage will be huge if he plays, not forgetting the added interest in watching it.

When he was down here for the Australian Masters (just before all his troubles..lol) ,the going price for Tiger was....... $3 Million. Heaps of money to pay out, but the Interest with the general public and media and everything else was huge. So well worth the money spent I think.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 12:48 AM

Tiger has been picked in the team for the Presidents Cup, Can't wait for it to start :)

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2011 7:01 AM

cool thats gr8, im a big tiger fan aswell, when does the president cup start.

Nick

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2011 4:39 PM

Nov. 14-20 at Royal Melbourne Golf Club, about a 40 minute drive away from me... going to be great.

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2011 9:24 AM

mantis0014:

Nov. 14-20 at Royal Melbourne Golf Club, about a 40 minute drive away from me... going to be great.

cool

• ClarenceGuy
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:44 AM
    SQ
     PR: n/a
     L: 0
    Info
    Density

You know that will put an iron curtain up between Tiger and Steve very quickly.  Much as it already has.

RSS