Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Green speed questions

Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:53 PM (9 replies)
  • Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 9:29 AM

There are now 7 possible green speeds. As a Pro, playing ranked, or practice, rounds all I'm getting is "Fast". How can I practice (experience) the other speeds?

I don't play multi-player, so don't know if its different there or not.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:02 AM

Hi Crusty, as a pro, your default green speed is set to "fast".

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:06 AM

WGTalex:

Hi Crusty, as a pro, your default green speed is set to "fast".

Does that mean, as a Pro, I will never play greens with any other speed?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:07 AM

Crusty56 was asking:

Crusty56:
    How can I practice (experience) the other speeds?

Is it not possible to select any green speed at least for Practice rounds, like we're allowed to select wind speeds and tees?

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:09 AM

Faterson:

Crusty56 was asking:

Crusty56:
    How can I practice (experience) the other speeds?

Is it not possible to select this at least for Practice rounds, like we're allowed to select wind speeds and tees?

Doesn't appear to be. As before just tees and wind.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:17 AM

We need this option for our Practice rounds, at least. If no variable pin locations / new stroke-play courses, give us at least this surrogate, please.  

• randynfl
    25 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:35 AM

so far my green speeds have been slow also can't   set club to ball contact (backspin/more roll) on half the holes i played. i'm sure it will work  it's self out just hang in there

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:37 AM

Off topic.....but how do I turn off these damn e-mails? I'm getting multiple copies (2,3, sometime 4) for every post made on this thread.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 10:42 AM

Crusty, it's fantastic that the email notifications at long last started working in these forums!   It's an occasion to rejoice and celebrate.

You're right that the earlier bug connected with them, receiving multiple copies of the same notification, is still there. But, I for one am ecstatic to receive multiple copies of an email notification, rather than no notification at all.

As to switching these off, re-open your reply for editing and uncheck the box Email me replies to this post below the edit window. (Should have been called ... to this thread rather than ... to this post, but you get the idea.)

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:53 PM

Faterson:

We need this option for our Practice rounds, at least. If no variable pin locations / new stroke-play courses, give us at least this surrogate, please.  

Faterson...there is no choice in the "practice" mode.  However I do notice that when I play in ranked mode the greens , so far, have always been "fast" and when I play in the practice mode  the greens  have been "standard"...HBthree

RSS