Re: Streaming on WGT

Sat, Jun 6 2020 2:00 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 5:48 AM

Ezzy123450:

Dear WGT,

There are now quite a few streamers on YouTube & Twitch playing live ... however, there is no help from WGT to advance the streamers and the game.

May I suggest you use the "Streaming on WGT" page on the website to show streamers?

why not help your community get the attention and even show streams from time to time on the front page?

Streamers I see & follow on Twitch (live) are:

Fmagnets. WGTJoeMaverick, , kenher01, Young46, OMP_Cyclops, Paytonnnnnn, Sinisavrc, bader1976, SweetbritchesWGT, jpgruber2000, Shootingpar, zerixx2, JW1k, HawkeyeKidd, Walk0flife, supernaturalseven, barry01

I know there are more (on Twitch & YouTube).

Please WGT help support your community a little.

Totally agree Ezzy,

Maybe WGTicon could give his 2 cents & be an Intermediary with the powers that be & maybe get the ball rolling on the original plan of "Streaming on WGT"

Ken

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 1:42 AM

ujjbnjk:

Ezzy123450:

Dear WGT,

There are now quite a few streamers on YouTube & Twitch playing live ... however, there is no help from WGT to advance the streamers and the game.

May I suggest you use the "Streaming on WGT" page on the website to show streamers?

why not help your community get the attention and even show streams from time to time on the front page?

Streamers I see & follow on Twitch (live) are:

Fmagnets. WGTJoeMaverick, , kenher01, Young46, OMP_Cyclops, Paytonnnnnn, Sinisavrc, bader1976, SweetbritchesWGT, jpgruber2000, Shootingpar, zerixx2, JW1k, HawkeyeKidd, Walk0flife, supernaturalseven, barry01

I know there are more (on Twitch & YouTube).

Please WGT help support your community a little.

+1

+1

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 1:30 PM

Hello,

I have a question about Twitch.

When I watch live streams, some of them have many resolution options that you can choose from the settings, while others have very few, or even just the one...

...is this number of resolutions set by the content creator?

Thank you for any responses.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 2:36 PM

Scott yes. I believe the streamer can choose a limit to the upload resolution. I assume this is either because of the limit to their internet connection or chosen to limit the amount of data used to stream. 
    The viewer can only watch a stream at the uploaded max or can chose a lower resolution to save data downloading. 
    I’m not sure about the second pick where you only have the high resolution as I’ve never seen that before. EDIT: just had a look at a few WGT streamers older stuff and I found one person who has some of their videos that have all the available resolutions and others of theirs that only have the high res. Not sure why though (???)

• Carolinablu
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 2:47 PM

I watch a lot of matches on Twitch. I know a lot of guys in my CC use it. It’s great to watch the top players play. I know it’s helped my game to see how they play the certain holes. I  am a mobile player, it would be nice if I could use it but don’t think that can be done. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 11:44 PM

Okay guys, thanks for the input.  ; )

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 1:12 AM

Hi Scott

Actually the streamers can decide upto an extent about providing the various SOURCEs as per the viewers internet connection n speed. 

For example 

If a streamers Output source is 1920 * 1080 at 60 frames per second with a bitrate of 5000, then most likely the viewers will only have one choice to choose and that will be 1080.

At the same time

If the above mentioned resolution is at 30 frames n with a bitrate of 1000, then most likely the viewers will have choices to choose from 360 onwards. 

Having said that, with the above example of difference in bitrate n frames per second, there will be some slight difference of quality especially FONTS but it will be merely noticeable.

If you ask me, 1920 * 1080 (Base resolution) in 1000 to 1300 bitrate with 700 output source is more than enough for WGT. It will be looking great as well.

- Carl 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 2:10 AM

Thank you Carl, that's very useful.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 2:00 PM

I'm quite new to streaming so there's a lot for me to learn. But I thought I would share things that might be useful to others.

• PAGES
RSS