Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Time for an EPGA course

Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:43 PM (6 replies)
  • slicer0O7
    123 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 6:40 AM

I suggest as first : Dubai ...... see race to Dubai.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/racetodubai/

Great course ..... I visited it once.

Go for it, WGT-team.

Slicer0o7

• CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 3:32 AM

I would like to see the 2018 Ryder Cup Venue:

Le Golf National

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 6:25 PM

WGT has a very strong European presence in players. I’m surprised that they have not been more vocal about adding European courses to WGT rotation. 2 out of 11 soon to be 12 is not going to cut it, quite frankly. 

• arikuld
    108 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:31 AM

www.gagolf.is

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2018 1:10 PM

fobby1980:

WGT has a very strong European presence in players. I’m surprised that they have not been more vocal about adding European courses to WGT rotation. 2 out of 11 soon to be 12 is not going to cut it, quite frankly. 

Agree.  I have never played the courses here on WGT and would love to see some different ones, e.g., international ones.

(Just don't change to SI units, we US folks will be lost!)  ;)

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:39 AM

I think the expense is just too great.

Back in the early days the goal was to put on the US and British Open course every year and thrown another on the table as well.

The issue with the licensing of one of the British Open courses was the first shoe that dropped and then a few with the US Open courses (Oakmont in particular).

I don't think we will see any additional courses outside the US.   I'm okay with that as long as we get at least 2 new courses each year.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:43 PM

TarheelsRule:
    I'm okay with that as long as we get at least 2 new courses each year.

I would like that but think it is highly optimistic.  Sounds like we may be lucky to get 1 new course every 2 years!

RSS