Forums

Help › Forums

Re: slow play

Wed, May 20 2020 4:40 AM (59 replies)
  • GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:01 AM

+100000000!!   (n_n)

Play fast..??  Please stop rushing other players..

Set-up and play games with 30/45 sec clocks, there IS that option~~

BTW-  Solo rounds are great too..

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 11:37 AM

DeneOjibway:

Gotta say my Starter Putter didn't slow down in the 'ding' area...

my BEGGINNERS putter doesnt either........what a coincidence

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 11:44 AM

it does look abit like it Mickey but probably just laggy due to the recording

• Gavman0212
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 5:36 AM

People playing the shot clock is annoying, however it is not outside the rules.

Also you may see the shotclock counting down, but the other player may have a frozen screen or the great "loading shot complete" on their screen. If you don't know what that is, get an iPad and you will see.

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 4:24 AM

clap..      clap....    clap....        zzzzzzzzzz...

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 4:31 AM

Turn chat off... take your time...  don't let anyone rush you into mistakes~~

• ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 9:49 AM

I haven't played any H2H matches with a long clock.  I've only played the coin games with a 45s clock.  Nevertheless, I get slagged fairly frequently for slow play.  (Typically, it's when I forget to note the remaining ydg after my shot and thus can't do my wind calcs while the other guy/gal is hitting.  When that happens, I might take 30-40 seconds to plan the shot.)  I figure if the game is set for 45s shots, then that's the limit:  not some arbitrary lesser duration imagined by my opponent.  I just block the complainers, and then I never have to play them again.

In fact, I block anyone who spouts any negativity whatsoever, even just griping about being robbed by the WGT.  Life is too short to get into an argument or be made to feel uncomfortable over a video game.

And I have NEVER hassled an opponent about the clock.  I feel it's poor form to do so.  If he/she uses every last second on every shot in a 9-hole match, I might block him/her, but that's it.  I've never gotten anything good in life from being mean.

• BigBlockVettes
    679 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 7:32 AM

I prefer to play at a quicker pace, & when i set a game up i have 45 sometimes 60 second clock. Saying that if I join A game & the player has 90 second shot clock i can either play knowing the player may use all of it or i can choose not to play. I understand all players can,t or want play as fast so if i do play a 90 second clock i take the chance players may use it all. I just play & don,t worry about it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 9:18 AM

GedEButler:

I just don't play anybody without a 90 Sec clock. I'm very slow at the new game

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 4:40 AM

DonCaron:

GedEButler:

I just don't play anybody without a 90 Sec clock. I'm very slow at the new game

90 seconds isn't an option in mobile.  all :45 seconds.  

I personally don't care, you want to take 45 seconds+, that's fine, have at it.  gives me time to check up on Penn State football, or text or check facebook.  

RSS