Forums

Help › Forums

Re: pitch, flop and chip

Sun, Mar 3 2019 1:01 PM (9 replies)
  • guywah
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:34 PM

would like to have some greens that a person could just practice chipping or flops and pitch

Thank You

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 9:29 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 9:45 AM

guywah:

would like to have some greens that a person could just practice chipping or flops and pitch

Thank You

BPB #4. Set up a practice round and get to that hole. The backside of the green is fairway and the perfect place to practice all 3 of those shots. The practice mode gets you mulligans and less than a sleeve of balls gets you honed in.  :-)

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 9:55 AM

YankeeJim:
    BPB #4. Set up a practice round and get to that hole. The backside of the green is fairway and the perfect place to practice all 3 of those shots. The practice mode gets you mulligans and less than a sleeve of balls gets you honed in.  :-)

+1

• dadddioooo
    17 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 12:16 PM

I would love to see a bunker practice area added. It’s the one shot that we practice the least, and needs to be practiced the most. In real life, when I go to the range, I always practice in the sand, and on the green

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:06 PM

dadddioooo:
    I would love to see a bunker practice area added.

A practice range has been suggested about 2,384 times but I don't think it will appear.  Unless it provides enough revenue to offset the mulligan ball penalty - and even then I doubt it would happen.

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 8:52 PM

They could charge for bucket of balls

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 5:06 AM

While not ideal, using the free white rock for practice rounds where the mulligan is employed around the greens and from bunkers, cuts costs to zero. Yes, putting spin on the free ball is different than the spin put on higher level balls, but the re-hits will be become the base for learning the pitch vs. the chip as well as bunker play.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 12:00 PM

There are many able to all but master this game WITHOUT a range.  

That being said....turn to!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 1:01 PM

dchallenger:

There are many able to all but master this game WITHOUT a range.  

That being said....turn to!

Yup - Some have great memories and some do like I do - record a lot of what I try during play and the results!  I try to condense that down into some simpler notes and guidance overall and for specific courses and holes!

But I still practice a lot and do a lot of mapping!

RSS