Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Daily Motivation

Mon, Apr 22 2024 9:11 AM (1,958 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 8:04 AM

Thursday, November 19, 2020

All that’s right

Every day, a few things go wrong. But a whole lot more things go right.

Do your best to fix what is broken. And remember to appreciate, support, and maintain the many things that continue to work very well.

It’s natural, and smart, to focus on the dangers and the risks. But imagine what would happen if you chose to focus a little more on the opportunities.

You’ll always have a number of issues to complain about. Yet there’s much, much more for which you can be thankful.

Be very careful not to discard or disparage all that’s good in your attempt to remedy what is wrong. Put your problems in perspective, for that’s what will enable you to solve them.

Yes, by all means improve on what’s wrong. Do it by fully valuing and making good use of all that’s right.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 11:43 AM

Friday, November 20, 2020

A little bit adds up

A little bit here and there adds up. Do a little bit, do it again, and keep going.

When you only have a few minutes, you have plenty of time. You have time to do a little bit.

Months go by, years follow upon years. And every day there are multiple opportunities to do a little bit.

Time will pass whether you make use of it or not. Do a little bit, every chance you get, and get the most from all the moments you have.

Whether it’s with your health, your finances, your career, your relationships, your knowledge, a little bit makes a big difference. Because over time, time and time again, you add more and more value.

Now is another great opportunity to live life just a little bit more, just a little bit better. Take that opportunity, and you’ll quickly see what a big impact you can have.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:05 AM

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Live today

Live today as if you will never have it again. Because you won’t.

Live today as if it is filled with unique opportunities. Because it is.

Live today with a generous spirit. And you’ll resonate fully with its endless abundance.

Live today far removed from the doubts and angers that would bring you down. Fill your thoughts instead with curiosity, forgiveness, kindness, and joy.

Live today with gratitude for its possibilities. Live today with patience for yourself and others as you move forward through the challenges.

This is a moment like no other, and you’ve arrived at it with more wisdom and experience than you’v ever had. Live today, and live it very well.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 8:52 AM

Monday, November 23, 2020

What’s to become

What’s to become of this life you love so much? It’s largely up to you, right now.

The future does not just play out on its own. You have a key role, particularly in those aspects of life that you care most about.

This moment can be a positive turning point. This day can be one you decide to utilize to the fullest.

Set aside those factors you cannot control. Focus intently on your purpose, and on what you can actually do to advance that purpose.

The path forward is not simple or easy or comfortable, yet it does exist, and is accessible. Just because it has challenges is no reason to avoid it.

Get on that path right now and get going. What’s to become depends largely on what you’re willing to do.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 8:08 AM

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Meaningful experience

You have the opportunity to make today a meaningful experience. From these moments you can create a meaningful experience not only for yourself but also for others.

Is there anything more fundamental to life than that? Of what value is everything else if it has no purpose, has no meaning?

So what exactly does make an experience meaningful? Anything is meaningful to the degree that it resonates with truth.

A meaningful experience is an authentic experience. A meaningful experience connects with your deepest idea of who you are.

It doesn’t have to be epic, or impressive, or even particularly memorable. It just has to be true, for you, for those with whom you share it.

At the heart of your life is truth, and the desire to express that truth in a million different ways. Let that truth drive you, today and every day, to create meaningful experiences.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:59 AM

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Stop putting off

Stop putting off what you have to do. You’re stealing time, energy, and focus away from what you want to do.

There are certain tasks you must get completed, each day, each month, each year. They’re not particularly fun or inspiring, yet they’re necessary.

The problem comes when you avoid them, put them off until later, and then put them off again. By doing so, you make them much more burdensome than they otherwise would have been.

Your procrastination does not solve any problem or get the task done. It transforms something that might have taken an hour or two into a monster that hangs over everything you do.

By skipping directly to the enjoyable stuff, you take the enjoyment out of it. Because you know you haven’t done what must be done.

Do yourself a big favor, right now, and get all those things done that you really don’t want to do. You’ll give yourself the gift of being able to fully enjoy those many other pursuits that you’re eager to follow.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:36 PM

Lady, I have not spoken with you in a long time.  I do enjoy your messages.  

I've been having a rough time in the forums lately.  Sometimes I have a feeling people don't like me.   What am I doing wrong?  You don't have to answer.  I'm just talking to myself.  Thanks again for this thread.  Its a place I can go when I am feeling down and it picks me up.  

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2020 8:41 AM

Hi Henry,

Glad you can come here and get picked up. 

You know what you are doing wrong.  People don't like braggers. 

Blessings,

Marion

• Ladychipper
    22,682 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2020 8:42 AM

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Enjoy and employ

It’s great when you can simply sit back and enjoy life in all its goodness and beauty. Yet if that passive enjoyment were to fill your whole life, it would soon cease to be enjoyable.

Enjoy life, marvel at its wonder, but don’t let that be the end of it. Let it be your inspiration to put all those great possibilities to good use.

Keep yourself always open to the abundance of goodness. Keep yourself ever committed to building on that goodness.

Be thankful for all the value in your life and in your world. Eagerly put that thankfulness into action.

Enjoy your good fortune. As a crucial part of that enjoyment, employ your good fortune to expand upon itself, for you and for others.

Take an active role in the goodness of the life you enjoy so much. Make full use of it to create even more.

— Ralph Marston

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2020 12:13 PM

Ladychipper:

Hi Henry,

Glad you can come here and get picked up. 

You know what you are doing wrong.  People don't like braggers. 

Blessings,

Marion

I like braggers.  And some other people don't mind braggers.   It makes me feel good to tell people about my successes and things I am good at.  No one in my personal life seems to care that I was a success in life.  Now that I am retired I feel unimportant when a few years ago I used to command troups of police officers including SWAT Teams - I used to be important.  Anyways, I just posted something in another thread that will explain why I am okay with what I do  .. here it is:

WGT is a place that "all" people should feel safe and welcome, a safe zone so to speak.  People can come here and voice their concerns and opinions, thoughts and feelings without being ridiculed.  WGT has done their part.  The moderators have been excellent.  Now its up to certain individual members to be more accepting of all people.  Even people who have the need to tell people about themselves.

RSS