Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draws and Fades?

Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:51 AM (43 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 12:01 AM

Cicero733:
    First line to the left of the ding is the draw line, first line to the right of the ding line is the fade line.

Mmmm... Aren't they rather more like pull and push shots respectively?

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 6:16 AM

Not really. They are controllable shots and they move further laterally than a traditional push or pull. For example, on Merion #10, if you practice the shot, you can place the ball on the green without going through the trees and on OLY #10 you can hit 100% driver without going through the trees or hitting 3 wd or less than 100% driver from the tee. On OLY #15 you can hit a draw for the tee and follow that up with a 3 wd draw from the fairway. You can move further left of the draw line and further right of the fade line to increase the effect but there is a point beyond which the shot becomes a duck hook or slice. Don’t know know if it’s still available, but a few months back, jsmithers released a Twitch video about the shot.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 8:11 AM

LOL few months.  try giving credit where credit is due... as far as I know the original tip was given by Lizard69 for FREE dated over 7 years ago - and can still be found on youtube.

Andrew was a true pioneer as far as I know - and his videos appear to predate all those who followed his lead.  Sadly he passed away - and should have been immediately put into the hall of fame for all he did for the game and those who followed his example.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:51 AM

Well said.

Many names come across my mind... Scott, Chris, Andyson to name a few. Apparently WGT has a different definition and criteria for HOF.

Well... It's THEIR game, they make the rules, not my onions after all.

RSS