Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draws and Fades?

Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:51 AM (43 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:47 PM

YankeeJim:
    It's all about rendering and this game just doesn't do that properly. It requires imagination.  :-)

Funny how we each look for our own . Some of us find it and others dont  .

OPY 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:50 PM

here is shot using draw like effect... and getting around the trees.... 

here is trying to hit same location aiming straight … doesn't work quite so well ...

seems like a pretty clear difference to me... and I definitely see a curve like arc to the shot against what happened to be low winds mimicking a draw like effect.

the effect can be tweaked with balls with higher dist and spin ratings... this was a rock.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 5:18 PM

opyeuclid:

Funny how we each look for our own . Some of us find it and others dont  .

OPY 

...and Im so glad about

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2019 10:52 PM

You'll see draw and fade results w/ the DRIVER and some say slightly the 3W but not the irons.

Plus, using a draw and fade IRL is beyond just 'hitting around trees', it's about margin of error, hazards on the ground, rollout and also consistent execution. (as Jack Nicklaus prefers to fade forward)

People with money to spend on great clubs and balls on WGT don't know those w/ lesser equipment are trying to lower their margin of error by controlling the ball flight but it's a large part of technique IRL omitted by for some reason.  (in iron shots, not the driver) <-- another weird inconsistency. 

• Geoff5732
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 12:02 AM

Good shout.. shame too many world no. 1’s are in denial over this fact!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 4:15 PM

Old thread I know, but it's the newest I found on the subject.

With PCEA now using Unity, and a certain other game using Unity which has actual real draw's and fade's in the game, it's now completely possible for them to incorporate those shots into WGT should they so choose to do so.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 4:22 PM

In the absence of that happening, does simulating the draw and fade by missing intentionally work the same way in the new version?

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 4:55 PM

Yes, I use it at times especially in coin games on shorter tees when you really want to bend a shot on a short par 4 around trees, especially with juiced up drivers, but you still need to be mindful of the wind.  

• jcmudfoot
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:17 PM

The only way to hit fades and draws is to play with a lot of wind. If wind is at 25mph going right 2 Left then hit into blue on far right that be draw. Left to right left side of blue Fade there you go.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:52 PM

I’ve been using draws and fades on mobile for a couple of years now. First line to the left of the ding is the draw line, first line to the right of the ding line is the fade line. Just adjust for wind direction. Good place to try it out is BPB #2 (draw) OLY #1 and #10 (fade). 

RSS