Tue, Dec 27 2022 7:34 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 7:36 PM

alosso:

ernestious:

tonythegator:

Can someone please tell me how a Level 103 player, with a sub-60 scoring avg, remain a "tour master"?

You need 200 Ranked rounds. and an avg. of 61 to reach Legend. Par 3s and 5s do not count or Country club Custom Courses.

[...]

Oh forgot 200 Ranked rounds as a Tour Master.

I'm afraid you got that partly wrong. It's only 50 ranked rounds as a Tour Master (and 61.00 average) for promotion.

200 scores come into play for Tour Legends and Champs...

not anymore, I had to have 500 RR’s 60.0 and under to reach Legend, now as a Tour Legend, I need 750 RR’s with a 59.0 and under average to get to Champion.

They’re making us newbies work for it, that’s for sure.

Don’t really care, though tbh. Most urgent mission for me is to get to L102 so I can get the Driver, then I don’t need to worry about buying equipment anymore…except balls. Always need plenty of balls and have to use the cheapest ‘high end’ ball the Taylor Made TP5 L92. Hopefully, one day, I’ll be able to get the TP5x L93 for exact same except extra 0.5 distance.

Never even hit a Titleist. So overpriced compared to the Taylor Made balls. Mine are 650cr and similar, in fact faster meter and way less spin in the stats is the Titleist L40. It’s 675cr. Maybe one day I’ll get the opportunity to find out why, but for the foreseeable future, it’s TP5’s dreaming of TP5x’s (that 0.5 makes a very noticeable difference when I’ve tried them out, for sure.

Just another head scratcher in this excellent but frustratingly strange game…much like real life, really.

• ArchieBunker85
    61 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 1:34 PM

The ranking system is so flawed, especially at legend tier. Here's an example. There's a guy in legend right now that's over level 100 with a 56 average. Only has 117 total ranked rounds and shoots mid 50's in every tournament. He wins lots of tournaments because other legends struggle to catch him. Now he gets to exploit this flawed rank system for the next 400ish ranked rounds and will win who knows how many tournaments/credits til he's forced to tour legend while the rest of us are stuck chasing him. Even if he plays a ranked round everyday, it'll take a freakin year for him to rank up. He's probably a champion tier in terms of skill but probably wont be in champion tier for years... ridiculous.

• Lonas70
    6 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 7:29 AM

I currently sit at 501 ranked rounds, Sub 60 ave. My Tier has not changed. Keep playing, keep playing I guess. Still enjoy it.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 3:12 AM

Lonas70:
    I currently sit at 501 ranked rounds, Sub 60 ave. My Tier has not changed.
    It is "500 rounds as a Legend", and a bunch of courses do not count in.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 7:34 AM

This is just about my path, minus the winning tournaments part. lol 

There is another path to advance with zero ranked rounds and that is H2H coin games. I never felt guilty about becoming legend in 5-6 months with 12 ranked rounds, but some opponents were quite vocal about the fact. After finding an active CC a year ago, have now logged about 200 ranked rounds and, of course, I'm still legend and will be for a long long time. That's fine because I still enjoy playing the quick H2H games while not trying to "exploit" anything. 

Besides, the end game here has not been given much consideration and leaves a lot to be desired.

ArchieBunker85:

The ranking system is so flawed, especially at legend tier. Here's an example. There's a guy in legend right now that's over level 100 with a 56 average. Only has 117 total ranked rounds and shoots mid 50's in every tournament. He wins lots of tournaments because other legends struggle to catch him. Now he gets to exploit this flawed rank system for the next 400ish ranked rounds and will win who knows how many tournaments/credits til he's forced to tour legend while the rest of us are stuck chasing him. Even if he plays a ranked round everyday, it'll take a freakin year for him to rank up. He's probably a champion tier in terms of skill but probably wont be in champion tier for years... ridiculous.

• PAGES
RSS