Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ocean Course Number 10

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:09 PM (5 replies)
  • Omeed
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 2:37 PM

I just cannot seem to get my second shot close to the flag anywhere i land the ball. Any suggestions? I've lately been trying to land it just right of the flag and let it trickle down. Still rarely works. any tips?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 2:54 PM

You've gotta rip a drive down the right side, over the T-Rex bunker, to have a better angle at the pin.  I've knocked it as close as 3 feet.  I'm sure others have come even closer.

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:06 PM

I have made that shot....what you always need to remember is take enough club...I always take a extra club and take some off it..

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:20 PM

Hi OMEED, with the driver you are using, your approach distance will average in excess of 145 yrds or more. From that distance, the green is not receptive to anything other than perfection. Until you upgrade your driver, the easy par is from the bunker you will always hit, trying to get close, with a simple 15yrd sand shot. But, until you have enough fire power to reduce the approach amount to the 135yrd or less level, the close flag shot and easy birdie you desire will remain as is: rare

• Omeed
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 4:22 PM

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Ive landed the ball in the most perfect spot from that distance and still had about a 15 foot slider. Ill probably just get new clubs.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:09 PM

If you have the Rapture Driver you can hit it far enough to hit a shorter iron shot into the green.  If you are hitting an 8 or 9 iron in you can actually land it left of the pin and it can and will get very close, trying to bring it in from the right side usually doesn't work.

RSS