Help › Forums

Re: Distance Calculator (program)

Fri, Nov 17 2023 11:20 AM (110 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 12:35 AM

DevlinTom:

Hi Jimmie,
    Could you please post the link to Miss C's blog?
    Thanks!

I am not Jimmie but here is the link.

https://www.wgt.com/members/mistressco/default.aspx

• RLunau
    66 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2022 12:21 PM

Hi Jimmie. Saw your distance calculator from 6/28/2021. Would you be able to send me the link to download? Not a real computer guy so hopefully it would be easy to install if you are able to send it.  Thanks, Russ. My email address is  russretpfd@juno.com.  

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2022 11:47 AM

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 10:31 AM

• aduffer3
    37 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2022 4:45 PM

can I use data bases other than MS Access? I down loaded the program but it keeps looking for Access which I don't have.

• PlayaMann
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 3:54 PM

Whats the difference between golf shots and approach programs? is it just graphical?

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 6:15 PM

The distance calculations are the same. The difference with golfshot program is you record your shots on each course and hole (map and go). You can also use the windows snip editor (by opening the course name png file) and draw on the green image bad and good spots to land. Later on I will have another module to average out the distance by course, hole, and wind. Either program is fine to use.

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 8:47 PM

You can also play in standard or metric mode for distance calculations.

Jimmie

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 9:13 PM

Windows operating systems include the Jet database DLL  engine which my program uses. If you're using Windows it should be working, the most common issues is that you didn't give read / write access to the folder where the approach program was installed.  Golf Shot program installs under the current user permissions not the admin so giving read / write permissions arent needed. 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2022 9:12 PM
    borntobesting:

DevlinTom:

Hi Jimmie,
    Could you please post the link to Miss C's blog?
    Thanks!

I am not Jimmie but here is the link.

https://www.wgt.com/members/mistressco/default.aspx

🤣🤣🤣🤣
RSS