Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Distance Calculator (program)

Fri, Nov 17 2023 11:20 AM (110 replies)
  • jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 1:12 PM

It's a windows only program.

In the upper right hand corner of the download screen is a arrow pointing downwards. If you click  the arrow you will see the download option. 

Program is in a zip format, you will have to unzip (Extract) it to see all the files.

Jimmie 

• SGreene124
    58 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 9:19 PM

jimmiespencer:

It's a windows only program.

In the upper right hand corner of the download screen is a arrow pointing downwards. If you click  the arrow you will see the download option. 

Program is in a zip format, you will have to unzip (Extract) it to see all the files.

Jimmie 

I figured it out. Now I just need to figure out that I'm using it right.

• highcut517
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 11:26 AM

Hi Jimmie

I'm taking a long look at your distance calc. and have a question about the use of your notes on the clubs, what does F, FB, FP and TOP designate.

I think F is a flat shot, FB is full backspin, TOP is top spin

what does FP stand for ?

Thanks, highcut517

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2021 5:44 PM

They were just some test clubs to get you started. Full shot ,Full Backspin, Full top, Full Punch.

You need to change these clubs with your own yardage.  These test clubs won't be very accurate for you. Put your own club mappings in this database.

This no ball rating adjustment, and No full backspin adjustment. 

I suggest you take / add 5% to full back spin shots.

Jimmie

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2021 3:53 AM

The new distance calculator is ready to try. The calculator uses Miss C blog information to calculate the distance. 

Just key in the values and press calculate and the flag distance will be displayed. Then inside the ORANGE BOX type in the yardage you want to use and press the calculate button again. The database grid of clubs are mine, you can type over them and save yours if needed.

Jimmie

view?usp=sharing

• LouBarr
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 10:23 AM

Hi Jimmie ,

it ry yur 2 apps and each time i want update the database / mapping clubs , i have a msg

"Insufficient key column information for update or refresh" and i can t change yur clubs by mine  ..

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 10:24 AM

Hopefully you got it figured out.

I have a new program called goodshots . If you have your clubs mapped (topclubs.mdb) then save it somewhere because my download will overwrite it with my club file.

After you put the new program somewhere else you can copy your club file (topclubs.mdb) into the new program directory.

Course names aren't used by the program yet, for future enhancements.

You can download the new program here.

view?usp=sharing 

Jimmie

• bsett0
    11 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 9:20 AM

Thanks for all the work. Does it require MS Access  to create your own mapped club file?

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2021 7:18 PM

Jet engine is built in with Windows, so you shouldn't have a problem updating your clubs.

• DevlinTom
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 12:19 PM

Hi Jimmie,
    Could you please post the link to Miss C's blog?
    Thanks!

RSS