Fri, Nov 17 2023 11:20 AM (110 replies)
  • jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2021 2:10 PM

looking forward to it

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2021 2:30 PM

You say excel sheet, this not an excel sheet. It is a Program written in Delphi and compiled for the Windows Operating System. 

I wonder if the program could learn your club / ball combination. With each shot recorded

It has all the information about the conditions about the shot you took. 

Could it learn based on how far you are from the pin and left or right then adjust?

hmm I find it an  interesting concept, whether  or not it would work.

Maybe it's to far fetch.

Jimmie

• wwvww
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 4:13 AM

jimmiespencer:

The latest program is here, just release it. 

This one is total rewritten for course management.

view?usp=sharing 

Jimmie

Shame on you!

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 3:49 PM

wwvww:

jimmiespencer:

The latest program is here, just release it. 

This one is total rewritten for course management.

view?usp=sharing 

Jimmie

Shame on you!

There is nothing to be ashamed of. Best players try the best tools and that's it. It's the same for every competitive games.

Is that tool can be on top? Time will tell.

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 7:49 PM

Thank You , the program was very time consuming to write and test for weeks.

I'm working on a learning table right now. I record each approach shot that updates the 

learning table with the course parameters. I can then tune my clubs to match the correct yardage from the learning table. The first test looks promising , ran through a practice 

session at  Kiawah , tune my clubs , then play again with the updated clubs.

Shot a 61 with the first 6 holes birdies. Going try it on another course and see what happens. Might have to have a set of clubs for each course if there's a big difference

in yardage. If this auto turner idea works I'll post it. 

Jimmie

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 7:21 AM

Thank You for your advice.

You have sparked my interest on the different club parameters.

I have created a new database in the program called Learn. I record my shot using the program recommendations and then save it to the learn table. I then can see the percentages  difference between recommended and actual shot outcome.

I will adjust my club yardage to try and match the program recommendation  100%.

I will also use wind condition Low, Moderate, and High  along with the clock position

to name my club. Example

Low wind clock 8 6iron yardage hit 100% 100% Back spin = 148 yards.

Club name = 6I L8 B100 

I would see how much offset difference using this club and have the program adjust.

The record shot option brings over all the data for you, you just have to key in the Top Tracer information  for the shot.

I don't mind taking the time to try this idea out. Yes it might be a waste of time but I do enjoy programming so it would be fun to try this.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll let you know if this idea works.

Jimmie

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2021 5:43 AM

Yes you are correct.

I was working on auto tuning my clubs just went I think it's prefect I play the next day same course same wind and clubs were off. Was dead on the day before. If WGT changes day to day there is no way to have the program tune your clubs. Well I gave it try anyways.

I'll work on the offset with backspin and see how much to adjust it.

Jimmie

• jimmiespencer
    253 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 8:37 AM

Working on Wind effects for club selection.

Hopefully  it will work out,

Will post updated program when finished.

Current Program Download is still here

view?usp=sharing

• SGreene124
    58 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 11:20 AM

This is what I get when I click on the link you provided.

And I'm not sure if this pic will show up. But how do I get to the program you are working on?

• SGreene124
    58 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 11:25 AM

I'm not sure if I downloaded it correctly. When I clicked the link, a list of files popped up. Are all the files associated with the program, or is it just one file I need to click on?

RSS