Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT needs to stop the cheats

Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:51 PM (75 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 1:47 PM

Rabert thanks for the info' about CC tournaments as to the rest I think you completely misread what I said.

I thought it was pretty clear I was reffering to the danger in using par 3 etc scores in general, not in that particular case but nevermind. As to your parting shot.

Robert1893:
    I should think including the phrase "at a minimum" was a sufficient qualifier. But I guess not. 

I thought it would be clear I wasn't arguing with what you said in context when I said:- I didn't say anything there as the overall point being made was fair enough and it was prefaced with something like "at least". But I guess not.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 2:00 PM

@DodgyPutter

Well, I apologize if I did misread you. Nevertheless, I quoted you. You did write: 

Someone (Robert I think but I could be wrong) was saying in another thread to look at the par 3,4 and 5 averages as a guide to ability 

I didn't write that. I said nothing about ability. But maybe it's just a matter of semantics. 

As to the other, yes, I missed that. But there's a paragraph in between. And to tell you the truth, I stopped reading your post when I saw my post being (in my mind) mischaracterized. But that's on me. I should have read the rest of the post. 

Sorry about all of that. I should have read the whole post. Again, that's on me. In the future, I'll try to do better. 

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:23 PM

Funny i just got work email.and read first few lines..on with my response...minutes later figure out i had to re respond..lol

• AussieDavo11
    1,907 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 9:19 PM

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how someone who has just joined our Club has three (3) ranked rounds and zero Match Play figures in her stats, and yet can have Legend status?

Cannot work it out.......

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:28 AM

AussieDavo11:
      Hi,

Can anyone let me know how someone who has just joined our Club has three (3) ranked rounds and zero Match Play figures in her stats, and yet can have Legend status?

Cannot work it out....... 

Most likely, the person is a mobile player. By doing very well in coin games, mobile players can tier up. Coin games don't count as ranked rounds or for stats. 

It appears that players can now tier up all the way to Tour Champion that way. 

• NicholasBlake2
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:51 PM

I think so too, thank you for your thoughts.

RSS