Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Another way to Putt

Sun, Dec 10 2023 2:44 AM (100 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 1:59 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

I'm not saying you're wrong or Danny's method is fake. It might just work well for you but not for me because apparently, based on the conversations I had with friends (all top-notch players), we all get different dot speed depending on the performance of each individual's computer (device). The better your computer is, the faster the dot speed.

The multiplier (divisor) is, therefore, very subjective.

In general what you are saying is true Simon, but listen what does not make sense. I play on a i7 3.5Mhz cpu (a decade back) with AMD RX 570 (a decent card), my ram is 6 GBs. While i am playing the whole load does not go over 20% so the game is not very demanding cause as i explained in another post is based on fixed jpg pics and not elaborate CGI graphic effects which demand ''horse power''. So, even old computers with some decent GPU shouldn't have any problems at all. The only thing that can affect severely the dot speed is the temperature. If your CPU -GPU temperature is over 75-90 degrees, yes, there could be a problem.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 2:34 PM

BWerthy:

Dot counting is also subjective and I think certain days my count might be different, slightly slower or faster than other days producing so so results. 

Exactly. I tend to count faster when facing downhill putt with rapid dot speed and vice versa...

Yiannis1970:
    In general what you are saying is true Simon, but listen what does not make sense. I play on a i7 3.5Mhz cpu (a decade back) with AMD RX 570 (a decent card), my ram is 6 GBs. While i am playing the whole load does not go over 20% so the game is not very demanding cause as i explained in another post is based on fixed jpg pics and not elaborate CGI graphic effects which demand ''horse power''. So, even old computers with some decent GPU shouldn't have any problems at all. The only thing that can affect severely the dot speed is the temperature. If your CPU -GPU temperature is over 75-90 degrees, yes, there could be a problem.  

I get what you're saying. The game (especially the flash version) shouldn't eat up that much of CPU but still... for some reason, it seems to be affected by the overall performance (CPU+GPU+Memory) of the device you own.

With the PCEA version, I assume this tendancy will accentuate even more.

Anyways... yeah, as you pointed out Yiannis, I know it's kinda funny as it's not like the Witcher 3, BF5 or GTA5 that demand high-end computer specifications or something. :-/

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 3:41 AM

Simon, i was talking about the launcher. Browsers (which were using flash) always raise higher the cpu cause they load a bunch of stuff. Launcher does not use a browser.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 9:26 AM

i am putting this at 78' of power.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 1:33 PM

Yiannis1970:

Simon, i was talking about the launcher. Browsers (which were using flash) always raise higher the cpu cause they load a bunch of stuff. Launcher does not use a browser.

I know you were. Based on what I observed from my laptop, even the browser (flash) version doesn't do much to CPU or memory of the device. Well, it shouldn't since it's a mere mostly image-based flash game.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 5:13 AM

MarchieB:

.... by understanding that the Standard putting grid seems to travel at half the speed of the Classic(Flash). So if you count the dot speed in Standard, then double it and apply to this formula it should be very close.

+1 sir

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 6:12 AM

MarchieB:

SimonTheBeetle:
    gerryniswonger:
    This formula is fake!  It is almost always not enough break and I can't figure out how to adjust it!
    SimonTheBeetle:
    All the rough eye-ball measurement methods derived from the old flash do not work on the mobile (PCEA) version. It has always been that way. Good luck!

I assume that this method is based off of the Flash game. The Launcher(PCEA) application would probably not work too well in the past but since the recent changes to add the “Classic” putting grid into the Launcher version it should be very close now if that option is selected.
    There is still no Classic putting in Mobile but I would assume this formula could be easily applied simply by understanding that the Standard putting grid seems to travel at half the speed of the Classic(Flash). So if you count the dot speed in Standard, then double it and apply to this formula it should be very close.

When i was trying to understand the difference between the standard speed (before classic mode was introduced) and flash speed, i came up with 1.7 factor. I am not so sure right now (perhaps indeed is x2) cause my research was in comparison with flash where they had already slowed down the dots on the greens.

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:01 AM

kavvz:

MarchieB:

.... by understanding that the Standard putting grid seems to travel at half the speed of the Classic(Flash). So if you count the dot speed in Standard, then double it and apply to this formula it should be very close.

+1 sir

This has been helpful as I use the "classic" grid, but sometimes like to read putts in chip mode which appears to use the "standard" speed.  Thanks.

• Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2023 2:15 AM

Then move over 31.2 of grids?

• Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 2:53 AM

Anyone have a spreadsheet?

LA-COOL-J

RSS