Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Green Speed before reaching first green

Tue, Jul 14 2020 1:01 PM (33 replies)
  • GatorDoug1
    6 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 9:02 AM

I agree and still no one has answered why of if they will add green speed on first hole. Makes no sense not to add. Especially when playing one hole for 36000 coins

• Ships69
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:33 AM

Dr.,

I have played #2 at the tournament speeds you mention; WGT and real life. Perhaps I needed to be more clear; I have played #2 here on WGT with green speeds as low as 7.6 and likely lower; or as I said in my previous post "sub". To summarize I have never in real life 25+ rounds seen them slower than a stimp of 9ft per a typical 36" stimp track.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with the stimpmeter and/or the speeds thereof.

According to Merriam-Webster - 

Definition of sub-

1under beneath below

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 9:47 AM

Ships69:

Dr.,

I have played #2 at the tournament speeds you mention; WGT and real life. Perhaps I needed to be more clear; I have played #2 here on WGT with green speeds as low as 7.6 and likely lower; or as I said in my previous post "sub". To summarize I have never in real life 25+ rounds seen them slower than a stimp of 9ft per a typical 36" stimp track.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with the stimpmeter and/or the speeds thereof.

According to Merriam-Webster - 

Definition of sub-

1under beneath below

I understood your post completely.  No dictionary needed.  

When you understand that this is a game, and this game is set up to permit/require different green speeds under different conditions, then you can see that it is not all realism.  It can't be to accommodate the different tiers.  If the greens had to mimic the actual conditions (stimp) of the actual course all the time, then every player could not play every course, given the game setup.

Others were giving reasonable advice and you were calling them trolls (look that up in the dictionary).

Could WGT publish the green speed before you tee off?  Sure, but they choose not to and that will stand until/unless they decide to change.

• RC9ine
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 1:01 PM

This is the exact reason I am here....The GREEN SPEED NEEEDS TO BE DISPLAYED BEFORE HITTING INTO THE GREEN!!

RSS