Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new courses

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 27 2009 1:05 PM (9 replies)
  • fluffton
    87 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:16 AM

i would like to see a course with lots of water its more exciting in my opinion,like bay hill & pebble beach or sawgrass`s 17th its demanding

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 10:05 AM

It's definitely exciting to lose 3 expensive GI-D balls in 3 consecutive shots, like happened to me at the water hazard at the feared Kiawah, hole 17.

• Fowlerthanmost
    32 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 9:08 AM

I feel for you Faterson. That was pretty funny. TPC Sawgrass (stadium) would be super cool. Torrey Pines or even Augusta would offer a great challenge too. I'd appreciate opening up any of the three currently reserved for ctth. That would at least offer some relief from the boredom of playing Kiawah so often, as BB is a bit too hard to score well without an equipment upgrade.

Is it true that using the better balls slows the swing meter?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 9:24 AM

Only the GI-D balls slow down the meter, and it's definitely worth trying to play this way. Some of the advanced clubs, like Raptures and the Spider putter, already have a slow meter, so using them in conjunction with GI-D balls makes it easier than ever to hit excellent shots.

I agree getting to play Wolf Creek as a stroke-play course would be awesome. But, I'm afraid WGT already said they don't plan to add the full Wolf Creek course. We're very likely to be presented with St. Andrews in the next few months, though.

Over at TWO, they just made Wolf Creek available for stroke play. But, the game continues to be unplayable for me. (Ball can't be seen, close-up views of sand dunes are shown instead of fairways & greens.) Also, TWO's Wolf Creek really is cartoonish (at least on my PC), it just can't be compared with that magnificent glory of HD photographs of the same course available here in the CTTH challenge.

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 6:32 PM

How are we talking about courses when they only offer two of them that you can play stroke play and tournaments.  Bethpage and Kiawah...........getting kind of boring honestly. 

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 7:25 PM

Faterson:
     But, I'm afraid WGT already said they don't plan to add the full Wolf Creek course.

Really? I didn't see that. That's terrible. I was just thinking today during the monthly sweeps how great Wolf Creek would be to play when they put it in finally.

Sad. :[

• taichi
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 7:27 AM

I   completely   agree    with    your    opinion.  WGT      should    add    some     new    courses,   but    they    haven't    upgrade    for  a   long   time.  Stroke   Play    only   includes    Bethpage   and    Kiawah ,  but  others   just   have    closet   to   the  hole , I'm   exhausted   with   playing    those    courses.   

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 7:47 AM

Bali Hai...stroke play...

my putting is bad enough....

then again with those crazy greens i might be better....

no need to hit the ball straight

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 3:48 PM

It takes $200,000 and six months to complete an 18-hole stroke play course. WGT very soon hopes to add St. Andrews as a stroke play course; however, remember that WGT is still in Open Beta and is not unlimitedly rich, nor is it Father Time. Please be patient, as the rewards will speak for themselves in the end. As Faterson likes to say, GMail was in Beta testing for five years, and now it is one of the largest internet mailing systems in the world.

• bobbadgley
    22 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 1:05 PM

thanks for the information on new courses - hope to see st andrews in the future.  Very tires of playing bethpage.

RSS