Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coins...What are they good for?

Fri, Feb 9 2024 5:27 AM (40 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 6:35 AM

HackWilson1930:

If performance enhancing clothing reaches the computer side it will make winning tournaments so similar to Barry Bonds Jr's records or Lance Armstrong's  victories that we will no longer want to play in RTG's. 

andwhy67:

I thought the added distances were only during coin and ‘turd’wars, but mine seems to play that distance on some bulk standard ranked rounds also.

HackWilson1930 the PEC’s have already reached the PC side in the new PC Early Access version. And seeing as it is the ultimate replacement for the original PC version it is a reality that players must deal with. However PEC’s are not used in any WGT tournaments or RGT’s. As you browse through the various Tournaments you will see a little symbol on all of them which is a t-shirt with a red circle and slash line through it. This indicates that apparel enhancements do not work/apply.

andehy67 the apparel enhancements do apply to the H2H coin room games as well as the Turf Wars (as they are based on playing those H2H games) The PEC’s are also available during Clashes. Use in Clashes is debatable as to if they should apply as this format is similar to a tourney. 
    As far as the PEC’s being used during Ranked Rounds, yes they apply. However the way I look at it if you are using them during ranked rounds, yes you are getting a bit of a boost to help lower your AVG but is that really any different than when CC’s create tourneys with ridiculously easy settings and give them names like  “AVG Buster.” 
    As far as I see it if you ultimately plan on playing in WGT Tournaments or RTG’s wearing this during ranked rounds is really a bit of a crutch as when you go to play the games where your PEC’s do nothing you aren’t totally used to it so you’re really only hurting yourself.
    In fact as I like to play the Virtual Tour events I’ve personally debated to start playing ranked rounds without the apparel for this very reason.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 7:37 AM

Thanks for the insight about the early access version and the PEC's. Was really hoping that WGT was  going to avoid the entire issue by rejecting them but at least they seem committed to keeping PEC's out of the tournament formats.

I just hope that WGT doesn't give out a cape and tights that allows 450 yard drives.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 8:43 AM

• Alan11855
    16 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 9:05 AM

100K......I’ve got now over a million! Too bad you couldn’t get better clubs or at least balls!

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 10:26 AM

Agreed...

Alan11855:

100K......I’ve got now over a million! Too bad you couldn’t get better clubs or at least balls!

• Saratogan
    67 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 11:13 AM

The PC app is becoming the mobile app because the internet is killing flash.  

• gilles67
    747 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 2:29 PM

did you say there good for nothing ? Good ,I just purchased NOTHING with all my coins. 

• RWard001
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2022 12:23 PM

Just saw this while trying to see what I can do with my coins......that's f'ing hilarious! 

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 1:28 PM

Wouldn't it be GREAT............if WGT would allow us to cash in some of our COINS for "CREDITS"?  I'm getting close to 500,000 COINS......sort of useless to me.

Jim

RSS