Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Random drawing Prizes

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:55 AM (4 replies)
  • Coffeyman
    32 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:28 AM

I have a question about all of the closest to hole challenges with the random drawing prizes.  Does having a better score help your chances of getting the prize or does the selection come from the whole lot of people that have played it?  If a better score does increase the chances what is the place that someone would need to get to have a better chance? 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:31 AM

No, the same odds exist for finishing last or first.  It doesn't matter how many times you play either, they just pick a name out of a hat with one entry per person.

• Coffeyman
    32 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:44 AM

That is what i figured but i just never see anything so i thought i would ask.  It is hard to win things in the stroke play with the clubs i have earned so far and with having You (tibbets) and avatarlee crushing everyone.  Haha!!  Thanks for the feedback master of all. 

• gshaver
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:23 AM

Where do you go to see who these random winners are? All I've ever seen is the leader boards.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:55 AM

Sometimes they are announced in the News section, but most times not.  Here's the alternate way listed by WGT in the Sweepstakes Rules section:

Winners list.

A list of Sweepstakes winners can be viewed on the "Recent Winners" webpage at http://www.wgt.com , and is also available by sending a stamped, and self-addressed envelope marked to "(This is where you put the name of the tournament you want to find the winners for )" 180 Sansome Street 5th floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.

It's a bit cryptic at times, but there you go.

RSS