Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stop sending emails!

Sun, Apr 2 2023 7:21 PM (30 replies)
  • Nibotpj
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 2:16 PM

Log on to your account on a desktop.  Go to the bottom and click 'contact'.  on the next screen click 'customer support'  highlighted in green under customer support.  On the next screen your profile should appear on the upper left side.  Click 'account'.  go to 'contact info' tab then de select the email notification boxes under your email.   Or better yet, go to summary tab and change your email to some bogus email.  Problem solved.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 2:53 PM

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 3:21 PM

joemt825:

WGT should EMAIL him an apology.  : )

Ha ha ha lol lol. That's funny

• jpawlo
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2021 9:02 AM

This does not solve the problem. I have unchecked everything and I am still receiving few e-mails per day about my rental time-outs. How do disable these?

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 10:32 AM

jpawlo:

This does not solve the problem. I have unchecked everything and I am still receiving few e-mails per day about my rental time-outs. How do disable these?

a short time after I joined WGT back in 2010, I created a free email account on Yahoo that I only use for WGT.  It's nice because I can go in and delete the emails that are obviously not needed along with my main email account not getting clogged up.

• AntuanEsp
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 1:56 AM

Emails from WGT don't include an unsubscribe link. That is illegal in Spain, it isn't in the US???

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 8:44 AM

Just go to "My Account" and then "Contact Information". Uncheck all the boxes there and you won't receive any messages from WGT. As simple as that.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 9:26 AM

AntuanEsp:
    Emails from WGT don't include an unsubscribe link. That is illegal in Spain, it isn't in the US???

They do here in NA as well, and the WGT Emails that are considered promotions or advertisements have the unsubscribe link. The emails that are considered part of the game (alerts to your account’s activity) are not. You need to go into the options and specify which of these emails you wish to receive and not receive. 

• SamSpayed
    4,863 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 12:32 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Just go to "My Account" and then "Contact Information". Uncheck all the boxes there and you won't receive any messages from WGT. As simple as that.

This is not entirely accurate.  I have all the boxes unchecked, and I still receive many emails from WGT.  Some examples:

• Round reminders for WGT weekly tournaments I've entered
    • Pro Shop purchase confirmations
    • Bonuses received for signing up for WGT tournaments
    • Emails when a member joins or leaves my CC
    • Emails when a clash starts or ends

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 12:50 PM

SamSpayed:

SimonTheBeetle:

This is not entirely accurate.  I have all the boxes unchecked, and I still receive many emails from WGT.  Some examples:

• Round reminders for WGT weekly tournaments I've entered
    • Pro Shop purchase confirmations
    • Bonuses received for signing up for WGT tournaments
    • Emails when a member joins or leaves my CC
    • Emails when a clash starts or ends

Me, I don't so...

RSS