Help › Forums

Re: If you care, you HAVE to watch this

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 16 2009 11:29 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Muskel
    5 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 5:10 AM

This reminded me of that boy I saw on TV who plays despite having one of his legs amputated entirely.

• RyanTM
    15 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 9:36 AM

Very inspiring. There is a short article in the May 2008 issue of Golf Digest about a 24yr old name William Mills that has only one hand. He lost his left hand when he was 14.  What is impressive about him is that, with only one hand, he has a handicap index of about 1.3.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 2:23 AM

Pete Thank you for showing this to us. What courage this young man has..how can you not be moved.

• GFORCE13
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 10:58 AM

Very moving and although I did not cry, I will tell you this. How can you do anything but admire this individual. I can only speak for myself, but if I had the desire and determination that DJ has, I would be twice the man that I am today. It is amazing how something like this puts things into perspective. Hats off to you DJ, you truly are an inspiration.

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 11:23 AM

I agree.  You don't have to cry but you DO have to admire his courage and determination not to mention his handicap.  The golf one, not the other one.

Pete

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 11:29 AM

I'd also like to thank everybody that viewed/commented on the link.  It took a while for people to view it but every single comment has been positive so it was worth the wait and it's good to know there are people like you out there.

Warms the cockles of my heart which are right next to my nine iron.

Pete

• PAGES
RSS