Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Merion Greens

Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:53 PM (58 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 1:08 AM

Daimauwr:

Would like to know where the practice putting green is. Some of the gradients (as portrayed by WGT) have to be a joke., not only on Merion but many other courses as well - and they get more severe as you move up the grades. I'm not sure that many of us who played golf for decades for real, ever took part in a PGA Championship where the speed was tournament 12 !!! 

Daimauwr - NZ

If you hit the "play now" button and open the game client, under 'Main Menu" you will see "play the game".   At the very bottom under "Skins Game" it lists the putting green.

Keep in mind that most WGT courses were created as they play for the U.S Open and other Major Tournaments.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 7:56 AM

Have to say now, after 2 last rounds...hole5 has ruined my -4 games...

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 3:33 PM

Tepi62Ka:

Have to say now, after 2 last rounds...hole5 has ruined my -4 games...

Try just playing it for par- 1 shot to fw 1 shot to fringe/fw 1 short shot to get close to pin and 1 successful put later you can get away from there with a par in hand.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 9:02 AM

Even those dots at putting grid dont move at all, there are no straight lines. Is it necessary look it with microscope or what??

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 9:36 AM

Merion and Kia are not courses....they are curses...

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 12:05 PM

Tepi62Ka:

Even those dots at putting grid dont move at all, there are no straight lines. Is it necessary look it with microscope or what??

No easy answer for these greens, 5 and 6 will test your patience quite a bit. Play it enough and you get an idea of how certain greens roll and where to position yourself for best shot at it. 

Yiannis1970:

Merion and Kia are not courses....they are curses...

This is 100% accurate- these 2 courses can make an otherwise good putter curse quite a bit...

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2022 6:57 AM

No help. i just try it again. Getting worse all time. Also am so pissed these kind of scenarios: came that last hole, par3. Taking aim to left cause wind 12-14mph. Hit it well, i think green. Ball ended aside right, a lot...jump from that fuc**** bridge and deep turf. Next one in water! Thats what for i just changed better ball! 

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2022 3:24 PM

Merion is best course in WGT. None better.

• Lilpapei
    123 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:53 PM

I use to think that being that I was raised down the street in Ardmore, Pa. and followed Merion for my 70 years, had Open tickets.  It is a very tough, it not the toughest, course and the game should be proud of it!!!  Problem is, I think St. Andrews greens are better and quicker which makes for a higher putting score, 8(...  But having Merion in this game, all but eliminates the need for Augusta!

RSS