Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ed Chavez Major Invitational-CONGRATS TO COOLSWING!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:07 PM (46 replies)
  • edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 11:41 AM

I just played lilmike24 right now. But couldnt get the next 18 holes because he had to go after.... but our scores were...

edchavez: 33-33=66 (-4)... Birdied #3, #4, #11, #13, #15. But i got so careless, and missed a 3 foot par putt on #18!

lilmike24: 36-36= (+2)... Birdied #3, #6, #12, #17. Bogeyed #5, #15. Double-Bogeyed #1, #11.

Mike had a very bad day! I have played with him the most times here on WGT, and this was the worst i've seen him played. Couldnt make any putts, getting into tree trouble on #1, causing a double bogey. But on hole #7... he went into the deep trees, on his drive, he got the ball out into the fairway, hit an approach shot, within 5 feet. And made a spectacular par! Talk about making a par the hard way!

We still need to get the 18 holes at Kiawah... Hopefully we can come back to win. He must bring his "A"-game

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 9:30 PM

Result of 2nd half of our match on Kiawah:

coolswing       67 (-5)

Lilrob88           70 (-2)

The match was much closer then the scores indicated here, with only 1 or 2 shots between us most of the way.  After front 9 I was in the lead by 2 shots then came the 11th hole where I just had a disaster taking 3 shots to get out of the bunker and ended up with a double bogie whereas Rob sank a nice putt for an eagle to complete a 4 shots swing !! lol !  I was lucky to made up the 2 shots with birdies at the next 2 holes with Rob missing his birdie putts by a whisker.  Then came the par 5 16th where Rob took a real unlucky bounce to be in the deep bunker at green side and finished with a bogie so I took a 1 shot lead.  Worst was to come when the meter took a real nasty skip on Rob and caused him to go in to the water and that was the end of a real good game.

It's a pity that the match had to end that way, and i just took a huge sigh of relief as the game really could have gone either way with both of us trying our hardest to give the match away ! lol ! Thanks to Rob for the game and being such a good sport and a real gentlemen through out the whole match. I felt bad for him as he was really unlucky at the end there and deserved better.  Thanks Ed again for the tourney and I hope we could speed things up to finish the tourney before the Ryder Cup start.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 10:32 AM

Well, coolswing sended me a message, saying to have a deadline for his match against rngev, which is September 21st! And lilmike24 conceded his match against me. So it's gonna be me and LW playing against each other. That match should be done by tomorrow! lol.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ty09EkQZO2ZHipBfobEg0GQ&output=html

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 5:29 PM

Just finished playing my round against LW. Bottom line of our match, WE SUCKED SO BAD!! BAD PUTTING! WE WANTED TO BREAK OUR PUTTERS. I THOUGHT WE WERE HACKS AGAIN!! LOL.

edchavez=+1

LW=-1

None of us won that game, we both lost. LW said "but it dont feel like a win". It wasnt. we sucked end of story.

Finals: coolswing vs Lobwedgex60!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 1:08 AM

Scores for the Final match:

Coolcwing           62 (-10)

Lobwedgex60     64 (-8)

This was a great game from the beginning and it was neck and neck through out the front 9 holes and Lw was unlucky to be behind with a few lipout putts.  The back 9 was pretty much the same with Lw scoring an excellent eagle on the 11th to close the gap but again he didn't have much luck with the putter with 2-3 putts missing by very little.  I was able to pulled away after the 13th Hole but Lw didn't give up and played strongly with some excellent approach shots to birdies 4 out of the last 5 holes to finished only 2 shots behind.  Just as well that I'd established a good lead other wise those last few holes would be real exciting and we all know any thing can happen there ! 

Thanks to Lw for a very good final match and a great way to finish this tournament. Also thanks very much to Ed Chavez for putting on an excellent tourney and for inviting me to play.  I look forward to your next tourney Ed.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:03 PM

Nice round you guys. This tourney is over! Thank you for the kind words, coolswing (as always! lol). Thank you for playing, it was fun! see yeah!

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:07 PM

Final Brackets! Congrats to coolswing, and congrats to LW!

RSS