Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How to Tier up - solved

Mon, Mar 27 2023 6:32 AM (27 replies)
  • shaunlewie
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2016 5:45 PM

Hello golfers I would like to share my experiences in How I've managed to tier up and I hope this helps you guys out.

If you are reading this then most likely you are wondering how is best to tier up.?

Most likely, just like I have in the past, you have been reading the great articles members have taken the time to write. And posted up, for all them guys I do appreciate and thank you all for them post.

During the past few months, I to have played over and over the stroke multiplayer ranked games in the hope to getting towards that Higher tier level, most the time posted + scores, +4 +7 at times and sometimes worst even.

I have always remembered my last two tiers, and the game previous always being just after a 2 player match,  both my master tier and tour pro tier came, straight after a match game. Every time I asked other players how they tiered up, all replied stroke ranked rounds only, They thought his mad man, can't and don't tier up from match.

Ive been on master tier some time now, average dropped 63.65, and been in my mind won't be to long, soon tier up, well that didn't happen so,,,, screen shooting everything I just played 2 match games, 1 against master and I lost, and my 2nd game was a Tour Master and I only just won on the 9th hole, by just 1up, Then voilà.. Tiered up 

I HAVE TIERED UP,3times Now! TOURPRO,MASTER,&TOURMASTER, ALL FROM MATCH-PLAY

I am now Tour Master Ave 62.95 after starting a match master 63.65

Screen shots below, click here....................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................

Someone else work, I just copy/paste:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 
    • When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend
    • You need at least 100 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this has helped someone, so match play has managed to tier me up 3 times now, please follow the gif image link , been unable to post direct screenshots up, its secure https, google + , very safe

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 12:08 PM

Sorry, I don't really know what you want to say. Is it "I tiered up faster and easier by matchplay"?

This is a bumpy road if you don't care for your skills and for your level!

BTW:

shaunlewie:
    You need at least 100 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

This is wrong - 500 is the number.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 12:32 PM

Never take advice from anyone that takes 4 years to make Tour Master . :-)

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 1:51 PM

shaunlewie:
    If you are reading this then most likely you are wondering how is best to tier up.?

I just learned to shoot lower scores. That seemed to work out OK for me.

• shaunlewie
    9 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 3:17 PM

as i said above that someone else's work i copy and pasted

• shaunlewie
    9 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 3:20 PM

maybe in another 4 r be level 102

• Xameeeer
    19 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 9:18 AM

Good morning and thank you for taking my email. I have been at tourpro and worked all week to get to the master dear. My average score is now under 67 and I have not moved up and I have played approximately 180 range rounds. Can someone please explain why I have not been moved up to master tier I would certainly appreciate it I thank you very much for your time

• bossola
    9 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2023 1:55 PM

i think that playing is not enough, you need to improve yOUR average the table showed on the top of the page is totally trustable

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2023 12:36 PM

bossola:
    the table showed on the top of the page is totally trustable
    That woulda been true a few years ago.

Today, it's invalid when you reach Legend. There are more up-to-date tables around, up to Tour Champion!

RSS