Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:37 PM (7 replies)
  • jerrydonovan
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 3:49 PM

i have 100 credits and it wont let me purchase anything from the proshop

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:50 PM

I hate to go all Faterson on you.. but duplicate threads are not productive.  Please see the answer on your other post.

/delete thread

• dingers
    55 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:18 PM

Hey Jerry , as you will notice there are 3 or 4 guys on here that must have shares in the site or very bored lonely people who whinge alot  , basicly just go to the pro shop and work your way through it mate select items within your price range .

Snaike big fkn deal if he wrote it twice , do you forget its just a game ?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:26 PM

It's got nothing to do with being a game, dingers.  It's basic forum etiquette that exists on every good forum everywhere.  And though we may lack moderators in an official capacity, it's still the responsibility of the community at large to observe the general etiquette. 

Without order there is chaos.

• dingers
    55 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:59 PM

Nivlac if they are ignored they just filter off do they not ? courtesy is a part of etiquette is it not ?

What if he missed the answer ? how hard is it to write it again . perhaps it should be a part of the registering criteria NO QUESTION IS ALLOWED TO BE ASKED TWICE  . if so you will be dealt with by 

FATERSON or one of the other whiners .

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:30 PM

Courtesy is a part of etiquette, however the OP made the same post twice in 5 minutes.  That is not enough time to consider a post ignored.  You can't miss the answer because it's emailed to you automatically.  Even if you deselect that option, the post is still recorded on your profile activity.  You can use loaded statements and capital letters to spin this any way you wish, but it does little to change the fact that there are many reasons that general etiquette is a necessary part of any well run forum.

Snaike was not rude to the OP.  He was direct and informative with both the answer and the etiquette tip.  He even was nice enough to link the OP back to his first thread.  He is also correct that duplicate threads are non-productive.  In fact, they are a waste of server resources that someone else is paying for.  The same goes for cross-posting, thread necros, trolling and a variety of other forum activities that are generally deemed to be bad.

Also, your attacks on Snaike and Faterson were both unnecessary and unprovoked.  That, I'm afraid, was not so courteous. =(

• dingers
    55 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:06 PM

See what i mean 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:37 PM

Right, well... the OP's question has been answered.  Not much else to do here.

RSS