Help › Forums

Re: Tiger and Paddy again?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 17 2009 5:06 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:57 AM

Tiger is good because of his over-sized driver?!?!?

Oh, god.. thanks TW... that has to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!  Yea, that driver really really helps him with those 15- 20' putts.

Again, a bit of research and reading would benefit you.  If you would bother to take a look at this page, you would find out that while his distance is longer than the PGA average, it is only 10 yards longer.  That's 10 yards longer than EVERYONE on the tour averaged.  Also, Tigers Fairway % is LESS than the PGA Average, so he misses fairways more than the average pro golfer.

Where Eldrick kicks ass is in Scrambling and GIR.  He knows how to hit the green from wherever he ends up.  This is not a function of an "over-sized' driver.

So, care to try again?

Have a nice day.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:59 AM

mrboo:
    Wouldn't it be something to see, if we could put the likes of Hogan, Snead, Jack, Arnie, Faldo, Woods and others in the same era. But as it is, in the end, we can only speculate and imagine what and who might have been.
    QFT, Mrboo... speculation and imagination.

Or you could just dip your nose into Eldrick's Athletic Supporter, like some do, and just hand him the crown out of ignorance.

But yes.. a playoff would be spectacular at Hazeltine. 

Go go Boo birds.. =)

• TW1432
    130 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:32 PM

You know what snaike you need to go back into the hole you came from. And what the heck kind of name is snaike?!?!?

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:30 PM

Oh good God...Paddy is down and out. Poor guy. =( That Par 3 8th is just tearing guys apart.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 1:39 PM

Well, at least it's the golf course that got him this time and not the rules official.

Oh and TW1432, I have emerged from no hole, been here quite some time, thank you... and "Snaike" is a unique and recognizable name in this setting... it is not a rip-off of a corporate logo that shows a complete lack of imagination.  There, does that answer your questions?  Good. Glad I coudl help.  Let me know if you need anything else, ok?  Like what to do when the walnuts drop.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:16 PM

TW1432:
    And by the way TIGER WILL WIN AGAIN!!!!!!!

HE WILL MAKE IT 3 IN A ROW!!!!!!!

He's lead every round so I would put my money on Tiger not Paddy. Or anyone else for that matter.

Hey TW1432... how much did that choke-job cost you?

lol

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:09 PM

snaike, you dont know what you are talking about. sorry, if tiger doesnt hit fairways, then hoes he win. he hits the green from whereever he is from. so go slither away or something. when it comes to these forums, dont even talk unless you are gonna help someone.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:58 AM

steelerspens:
     snaike, you dont know what you are talking about. sorry, if tiger doesnt hit fairways, then hoes he win. he hits the green from whereever he is from. so go slither away or something. when it comes to these forums, dont even talk unless you are gonna help someone.
    Wow, steelerspens, your blind loyalty to Tiger is really amazing.  How nice of you to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, when I said EXACTLY THE SAME THING that you did.  Does that mean that you don't know what you're talking about, either?

I guess reading is hard, huh?  If you look at the top post on this page, you will see where I wrote the following:

Snaike:
    Again, a bit of research and reading would benefit you.  If you would bother to take a look at this page, you would find out that while his distance is longer than the PGA average, it is only 10 yards longer.  That's 10 yards longer than EVERYONE on the tour averaged.  Also, Tigers Fairway % is LESS than the PGA Average, so he misses fairways more than the average pro golfer.

Where Eldrick kicks ass is in Scrambling and GIR.  He knows how to hit the green from wherever he ends up.  This is not a function of an "over-sized' driver.

Glad to be of help.  Thank you for your support.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 4:39 PM

Well this post didn't turn out how I planned. Too bad everyone has to rip on you Snaike for  your common sense and reasoning.

Feel free to delete this one any time WGT.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 5:06 PM

No worries, mrboo... those with blind loyalty often lash out at the truth.  Some can be saved from themselves, some can't.

Rational thinking is a lost art and common sense is usually neither.... common or sense.

But, on to the original topic... the 2 shots Yang hit that were just dumb-founding.. the shots that out 'Tigered" Tiger.. were the Eagle chip on 14 and that MANLY hybrid, over the tree, on 18 to within 10'...  I think I have seen that shot 104 times since yesterday.  Still gives me chills.

Getting my tix for the President's Cup in October just down the street here... going to check these guys out live on my home-track.  Want to see Yang man-up again, but i'll have to root against him... Being on the American side and all... lol

Paddy deserved better after last week... but that par 3 just ate his lunch.  I'm not worried about him, he still has a lot of winning to do.

Peace

• PAGES
RSS