Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting on Championship Greens

Sun, Oct 15 2023 5:26 PM (56 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2022 1:28 AM

Capella99:

I find the .7 on 13 greens too aggressive...I actually use .7 on 12 greens.

Only for downhill putts would it be too aggressive on Championship 13 greens.  On uphill putts you sometimes won't even reach the hole!  Although mine is done mostly by feel and experience these days, I used to use 0.72 for Championship 13 greens... because you always want to make sure you go a little bit past the hole if you miss (and not miss short!); I'm pretty sure you will come up short fairly often if you use 0.7 on Tournament 12 greens

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2022 10:25 AM

MioKontic:
    I'm pretty sure you will come up short fairly often if you use 0.7 on Tournament 12 greens

The multiplier to use (in this case, 0.7) depends on the length of the putt.  For a short-ish putt (say, 7 feet), 0.7 might not be enough.  For a longer putt (say, 40 feet), 0.7 would probably be too much.  

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 2:28 AM

SamSpayed:

MioKontic:
    I'm pretty sure you will come up short fairly often if you use 0.7 on Tournament 12 greens

The multiplier to use (in this case, 0.7) depends on the length of the putt.  For a short-ish putt (say, 7 feet), 0.7 might not be enough.  For a longer putt (say, 40 feet), 0.7 would probably be too much.  

Except on St Andrews par 5 5th I've not found that; if I have a long putt that I'm not sure about how hard to hit, say 60+ feet, I find that 0.72 is spot on for length (assuming it's not downhill)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 3:54 PM

Fist2k8:

Tournament 12 Greens..I think if WGT looked at the last game that player who have quit for good and on which greens they would find 80% were playing on Tournament 12 greens.

One minute you need to add 1/2 as much for again for a slope then next time you do the same and the ball goes straight at a crawl or it does something so crazily unrealistic players say f this for a game of soldiers and quit.

If you play on PC, check whether you've contracted a bad habit of scrolling the mouse wheel for nothing, thus changing increments of your putter without even knowing.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 4:52 PM

I got 63% @ 150 scale

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 5:26 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    If you play on PC, check whether you've contracted a bad habit of scrolling the mouse wheel for nothing, thus changing increments of your putter without even knowing.

+1

RSS