Help › Forums

Re: Meter stutter and meter speed ups

Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:11 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:38 AM

musictreble:

This has been a problem with me as well. It is not the gradual acceleration but the sudden jump close to the time I need to click. Some times this affects my long distance putter as well?

+1 When playing my meter starts off as smooth as silk no problems at all . But what I get is the spike when in what I call my click zone . It will happen from tee to green yes I even get spiked when putting . Both practice stroke play and ranked rounds as well . I have noticed that it happens the most when I am spot on with my yardage and shot selection . It happens even more when scoring well .

The spike will throw my shot wide right by 3+ yards or more and other times it will check my meter short and cause me to hit early . This happens every game and every course and in my opinion a deliberate meter manipulation by WGT . In the past it was speculated that this is done to combat the alleged auto dinger and players shooting low scores .

If true then the problem is , is that it only works on honest players and those who dont use cheat software . I wil say that due to this I no longer buy expensive balls nor do I see a reason to upgrade my clubs anymore . If the game is going to manipulate my shots and play to cause me to play poorly then why should I play more ?

But everything is not our fault or our computer or our service provider . Even though WGT says so . But thats coming from a company that cant even fix and resolve the issues with their own product .

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2016 4:09 PM

BUMP

• 69DLT69
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2020 9:29 AM

I think we all experience the same thing due to the programming at WGT; a problem I just ran into was the loss of my meter footage markings. I now have to guess where to stop the swing meter if it's not a full swing. Has anyone else ran into this?  

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2020 7:24 PM

69DLT69:
    a problem I just ran into was the loss of my meter footage markings. I now have to guess where to stop the swing meter if it's not a full swing. Has anyone else ran into this?  

Did you recently Quit or Leave a Country Club?
    Because unless you were buying your Shot Pal and Putter Pal from the Pro Shop (which is highly unlikely if you have no idea why they're gone) then you were receiving them for FREE as a benefit of belonging to a Level 4 or higher Country Club.

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 12:38 PM

Every strke play game i take part in is ruined by the shot meter stopping in the backswing (all by itself) then flashes forward leaving me with a ball roll of a couple feet. Every game, every game ruined.

andyson:

Infinito3010:
    Secondly, why does the meter speed up as it approaches the ding mark.

The acceleration of the meter is by design per this post by WGTadmin2 last year:  (See the second post by admin2 on that page)

WGTadmin2:

The meter accelerating (racing) is built into all the clubs on purpose, except the putters which we removed this affect a long time ago.  The club's meter speed attribute affects how fast the meter will speed up as it approaches the "ding".  So from the moment you let go and start the down swing the meter accelerates as it approaches the "ding"  You should not expect the clubs (other than putters) to be a constant speed the whole down swing.  

The reason have acceleration is to better simulate the affect of power and "over swinging" on your accuracy to "ding"  So the if you consistently only swing 80-90% of the full power you should be more accurate than if you use 100% power all the time.  using only 80% power means there is less distance to the ding to accelerate and therefore easier to time.

• 440MB
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 2:47 PM

I play on an iPad and the swing meter stuttering issue ruins the experience and makes me want to just quit this game entirely sometimes.  It is that bad.  This happens way too often and I don't understand how WGT ignores this.  Today alone I've played any where from 15 to 25 games with no issues but am playing a game as I write this post (on a separate laptop of course) and the problem is just unbearable.

I don't like to forfeit games and screw an opponent out of points, XP, or what not but it seems like it would be better to do that than to grin and bear it when you already know the outcome.

I have researched this issue several times and have turned off all unnecessary features needed to enjoy the game.  The issue I experience is sporadic and my gut tells me that it's a server-side issue and probably with concurrent connections during peak hours.  Just my 2 cents.

The meter stuttering needs to be addressed and fixed.

Have a great day!

PS:  I have other issues with the app overall:  https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/658170/4433807.aspx#4433807

• mikey1961
    1,680 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:11 PM

There seem to be a lot of meter issues so just to add to the pot here's another that i have been experiencing.

This only ever happens in multi player games and the is and i stress this is mainly when i am teeing off that the meter just shoots through to the end and even though i click to take the shot it makes no difference, now this can happen once or as many as eight times in a row.

I have contacted WGT and all they came back with is try to minimize background progs running, i have minimal stuff running and i have a 105mbs internet speed so there are no issues there and i have tried three different mouses and still get the same problem. 

It seems to me that WGT have a generic response for these issues like the days of Flash and meter stutter "clear your cache and so forth" but these issues really need sorting out. 

Best of luck to all with the problems 

Mike

• PAGES
RSS