Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Community Spotlight

Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:37 PM (29 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:17 AM

MainzMan:

The sad fact is the spotlight could be used as an automatic multi account location device.

At least 50% of those featured are hacks with 1 round of 50 something.  No need to aim really, just pull the trigger, you're almost guaranteed to hit a low life.*

Unless you hit Icon of course, this is not intended to belittle him in any way.

Well, my main man from Mainz (have you been checking out any of the Roman ruins we spoke of?) Anyway, the red tee, CC option, while a lot of fun, has entirely destroyed the aspect of stroke averages and what they once represented...they now mean nothing. Again, while they are a hoot to play from, they mis-represent any reality we once enjoyed. I know from experience. I became attached to the reds and while they indeed provided rather insane possibilities, they likewise, in reverse, took a one time, high end skill set and transformed it to a sad state. Much like Opy, I point toward reform but it is work. Work is my enemy...I am a workaholic by nature. You mention work to me and I gotta have a drink. Mistakes are part of breathing...the red tee option was a serious mistake; my addiction( like Opy I am reforming, I promise )....anyway my addiction to the reds came at a very dear price.

~ Lily ~

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 7:14 AM

Disputable for Ls and Cs and whatnots, Lily, but not for beginners. Hacks actually play red tees, and Pros have only little advantage. And, playing 58s from the first day with Starter equipment just isn't true. Guaranteed!

Remember: Average < 60 is necessary to be mentioned in the Community Spotlight for all but one tiers!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:03 AM

alosso:

Disputable for Ls and Cs and whatnots, Lily, but not for beginners. Hacks actually play red tees, and Pros have only little advantage. And, playing 58s from the first day with Starter equipment just isn't true. Guaranteed!

Remember: Average < 60 is necessary to be mentioned in the Community Spotlight for all but one tiers!

Well, I agree Paul. I wrote that from my perspective and should have been more general. Of course the beginner/hack/pro should be at and learn to walk from the reds and in fact anyone should be free to play as they please. As we all know, what was a nifty idea regarding the red option, turned into a phony situation abused, only to be rewarded.

~ SP ~ 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 12:44 PM

SweetiePie:

Well, my main man from Mainz (have you been checking out any of the Roman ruins we spoke of?)

Not recently Lily but I'll get round to it again soon, I promise  : )

SweetiePie:

the red tee, CC option, while a lot of fun, has entirely destroyed the aspect of stroke averages and what they once represented...they now mean nothing.

I agree 100%, red tees have made a mockery of what was already something of a joke.  Why we have to have average saturation is beyond me, I see absolutely no reason for it.

My current average is my real one, I don't play more than 1 round a day on average and am still short of the magic number for champ tier.  I also play uneven lies now and then and any silly tourneys we have in our club.  Starter gear only is really good fun.

If anyone ever starts a petition to scrap average saturation my name will be on the dotted line before you can shout effin' meter!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:02 PM

SweetiePie:
    Well, I agree Paul.

Thanks a lot, Lily-sweet ;)

My point was - as Mr. Mogontiacum's - that low tiers aren't fit for sub-60 averages, thus the highlighted players should be mostly cheaters, like multi-accounters and whatnots.

It should be easy to officially spot and delete them if they only wished so.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:25 PM

MainzMan:
    Why we have to have average saturation is beyond me

Not beyond me => business issues!

IMHO, this ensures that anybody who ever bought one, yes, ONE custom club and plays to his skills, will be pushed to Master tier sooner or later and face the necessity to upgrade many of his clubs. Same may apply at Legend tier.

PLING!! in our host's cashiers!

and PLING!! again!!!

May they live long and prosper!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:29 PM

alosso:

My point was - as Mr. Mogontiacum's - that low tiers aren't fit for sub-60 averages, thus the highlighted players should be mostly cheaters, like multi-accounters and whatnots.

It should be easy to officially spot and delete them if they only wished so.

Paul...that would require WGT to be proactive...........

Instead they leave them until they receive complaints.......and looking like complete Wally's at the same time.

A dollar earned is a dollar earned, no matter how dirty that dollar may be (new company slogan perhaps?).

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:39 PM

As I said: If they only wished so...

'nuff said!

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:20 PM

alosso:

As I said: If they only wished so...

'nuff said!

I would take it a step further and suggest that wgt readily condones multi-accounting. This means "multi" visits to the pro shop. It further enables wgt to market total rounds played, number of accounts, etc. What is the down side for them?

ct

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:37 PM

The thought is intriguing but I can't agree without proof - someone has a watchful eye on me: I "lost" a post last week without notice :(

RSS