skip nav

Forums

Re: Remove flag stick and put it back in

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:08 AM (21 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,582 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:19 PM

I've spent that last half hour watching random stuff on YouTube, mostly a load of bollox.

Thanks for posting something that's worth watching, you did a fine job.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 5:13 PM

MainzMan:
    I've spent that last half hour watching random stuff on YouTube,

Ya gotta get out more man !! ;-)

• pdb1
    20,780 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 12:29 AM

MainzMan:
    Thanks for posting something that's worth watching, you did a fine job.

Agree . Always cool stuff .

MainzMan:
    I've spent that last half hour watching random stuff on YouTube, mostly a load of bollox.

Some cool stuff here .  

• AussieMick11
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 5:41 AM

hakman123:

The outcome of the shot is determined the instant you hit the ball....

Thanks for the explanation, hakman123.

I'm a mobile player and although I can remove the flag stick before the shot is taken it doesn't get replaced until I'm viewing the next shot, so it makes it difficult to see where the hole is. I understand there will always be differences between the regular and mobile versions but I'm hoping WGT can add this for us mobile players. Then maybe I won't get things like THIS happening to me... :)

• pdb1
    20,780 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:58 AM

vadernader:

So like me you you leave the flagstick in . As a back stop to prevent lost balls . That's a very good use for it . I now have over 50 flagstick shots saved . All stroke play . I wonder still why WGT doesn't record most of mine . 

• pdb1
    20,780 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 7:58 AM

fmagnets:

The videos that everyone has been waiting for. Yancy gets to the truth, as is so often the case:

Yancy asks the hard questions...

...Professor Magnets is brow-beaten into answering.

Can also be viewed in the Yancy Collection 

in the topic 

subject title WGT World Golf Tour Fmagnets answers Yancy's question about pulling the pin

Including a new free handy pocket size set of introductory sample set of convenient Fmagnets que cards . Valuable for quick tips . All color and laminated with a handy genuine WGT gremlin skin case . 

see

subject title INTRDUCTORY SET OF FMAGNETS QUE CARDS

promotional package , first in your collector series 

• pdb1
    20,780 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 8:21 AM

hakman123:
    So you are able to replace the flag in order to see where the hole is during the flight of the ball

hakman123:
    This is why you see the flag removed - then the stroke taken - then the flag replaced.

This for the benefit of the player himself . 

And not ;

hpurey:
    To help viewers see the hole location while the shot is taking place.

No viewer(s) factor . 

For myself . I haven't solved all the display issues like the ones where flagsticks , equipment , and avatars are not visible . Especially the missing flag stick . Very easy to lose sight of the hole and not know where or how far you have moved the pin . 

• GoldenCapybarra
    89 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:06 PM

It would be nice if you could remove the stick when on the fringe but there's no flagstick to click with no layout image there. I often chip, flop or pitch from the fringe. Even if you putt, it would be good to remove at times.

thanks for an informative thread

GCB

• borntobesting
    8,820 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:10 AM

GoldenCapybarra:

It would be nice if you could remove the stick when on the fringe but there's no flagstick to click with no layout image there. I often chip, flop or pitch from the fringe. Even if you putt, it would be good to remove at times.

thanks for an informative thread

GCB

you are wrong, You can remove the flagstick when on the fringe. I tested it today on all platforms. Flash ,mobile and the new desktop version, You do have to choose another shot type other than putt for the flag to be there to pull, But you can remove the flagstick after choosing another shot type. 

• JoelBensenor
    14 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:26 PM

Hakman has already given an excellent comment on why most of top players take the flag out and then put it back, since the shot is not affected.

Since I am not a great player, I never trusted my shots could be THAT close and hit the flagstick, but after this shot I'm going to share, I follow them and take the flag out, just in case.

This is how your first ever hole in one is denied: 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=766705cd-f1f1-41df-91c7-ac380188dcca

Peace, 

Joel.

RSS