Forums

Help › Forums

Re: National WGT Enquirer - Feb edition

Thu, Feb 3 2011 8:55 AM (4 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 2:30 PM

I've been traipsing all over to newsagents far and wide but none of them have the February edition of the National WGT Enquirer yet.  Are the publishers on strike or sommat?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 2:46 PM

The editor's rather lazy Mio. Right now he's taking in the Pro-Am at TPC Scottsdale, 17th hole. He's definitely one of those whimsical types and will eventually knock us all out but he won't be harangued into it-I already tried.  :-D

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 4:17 PM

Is he the one who keeps shouting "you're the man!" at the top of his voice on that 17th hole?

Played Scottsdale a few years ago, easy course!  I was 2 over gross after 12 or 14 holes (can't remember which) playing off 8 hcap.  Unfortunately dropped a few silly shots coming in, and it didn't help when it started raining on 18, but I managed to finished 1 under handicap.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 8:27 AM

MioKontic:
    Is he the one who keeps shouting "you're the man!" at the top of his voice on that 17th hole?

No, I only yell "GO IN THE HOLE!"

I've played it many times Mio, and I agree Scottsdale TPC is an easy course with the Pros shooting -20 something from the tips over 4 rounds.

YankeeJim:
    The editor's rather lazy Mio. Right now he's taking in the Pro-Am at TPC Scottsdale, 17th hole. He's definitely one of those whimsical types and will eventually knock us all out but he won't be harangued into it-I already tried.  :-D

1st they delayed the start of the Pro-Am 2 hours because of frost, then they delayed it til noon and made it a 9 hole tournament because of wind and cold temps. Then they cancelled the Pro-Am entirely.  I'm sure the guys paying 10Gs for the opportunity didn't push for that.

Lazy? Whimsical?  Maybe, but not the case here.  I'm always a stickler for accuracy Jim.  This month's Enquirer is being held up as we try and ascertain the facts behind one of our lead stories.

A notable member of the WGT community was ejected on Opening Day at Yankee Stadium last year.  Our sources conflict on the reason for his ejection.

One says he was ejected  for running on the field and trying to take the warm-up pitches from Andy Pettitte.  A second source says he was ejected from the ballpark for carrying a concealed weapon, which turned out to be only a carpenter's tape measure.

Here's a photo of the perp being thrown out of the ballpark by two of New York's finest.

Any information on the truth behind this story will be appreciated.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 8:55 AM

ROFLLMFAO!!!! I should have known better than to douche the Editor in Chief.

I must say though, my 2 sons look pretty good as cops. Unfortunately, the 19 yr old on the left is 3/4 of the way to his double major in Physics and Math because he wants to be an Astrophysicist while the 27 yr old is traipsing around the great Northwest for H&R Block as a Territory Expansion Manager (7 states including Alaska.) I'd say his degree from GWU got him somewhere!

And for the record all I was trying to do was get to Jeter and kneel at the altar of the Yankees. LOL

Too funny, Andyson, too funny.  

RSS