Forums

Help › Forums

Re: World Golf Championship

Wed, Nov 11 2015 4:57 PM (7 replies)
  • dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 3:01 PM

The 2016 golf season is well underway and playing tonight  in Shanghai, China.    Some notables  Bubba W, Jordan S, Rory M (maybe), Hunter M, Rickie F.    I'm looking forward to seeing the best of the best go head to head this season.    Of coarse that's Jordan & Rory    Live play can be seen on The Golf Channel Wed, Thur, Fri, and Sat for free.   Times are 10 pm to 3am Eastern time, USA.                       --   just dandy

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2015 4:46 AM

The race is on !!!    Rory M. showed up for the showdown after a bout with food poisoning.    He's tied with Jordan S. @ minus 4.    Dustin Johnson shot a minus 7 and trails the leader Branden Grace by two strokes.   

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 3:47 AM

Kevin Kisner of the U.S. is leading the WGC with a minus 14 and looking for his first tour win.    Jordan Spieth and Rory Mcilroy are still tied at minus 4.    My gut feeling is one of these two (Jordan, I'm betting on) will take a 2 stroke lead tonight and put on some real pressure for bragging rights.    This picture of Rorys' attempt at a HIO on the par 3, 12th should motivate Jordan to come out swinging.       --   just dandy

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:11 AM

Dustin Johnson shot a 65 in round 3 to close the lead to 1 stroke behind Kevin Kisner in the World Golf Championship.    In my virtual race we have a leader.    Jordan Spieth fired up the afterburner and pulled way out ahead of Rory Mcilroy by 5 strokes after shooting a -9 for round 3.    It actually puts Jordan back in contention (tied @ -5) for the race to the finish.    --   just dandy

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 4:11 AM

Russell Knox of Scotland won the WGC  with a -20.    Dustin Johnson had his sights on winning until his wedge shot hit the flag stick, caromed off the green and into the creek.    Instead of the birdie he ended up with a double bogey.

Jordan Spieth (final -15) coasted to a  victory over Rory Mcilroy (final -14) to put him back at #1 ranked golfer in the world.        --    just dandy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 1:37 PM

dandycap:
    Dustin Johnson had his sights on winning until his wedge shot hit the flag stick, caromed off the green and into the creek.    Instead of the birdie he ended up with a double bogey.

I have read your daily commentary and appreciated it.

And again WGT will feel vindicated for those of us hitting the pins!

China has some good courses (I have played a few) but is generally expensive as is all of Asia, and was good to see a part of the world that does not usually get covered in golfing terms.

You did a dandy job.

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2015 4:38 AM

Thank you Alanti.    Your contributions to the forums is admirable which helps to hold us all together.       --    just dandy

• MRCCZ
    24 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2015 4:57 PM

Great Team Work !  

RSS