Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 10 best Caddy Replies

Fri, May 13 2011 7:14 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lockportian
    287 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 9:00 AM

Golfer: Think i can get there with a three wood?

Caddy: You couldn't get there with a cannon.

I caddied in NE ohio .Caddied for some greats, Denny Shute, British open champ, Herman Keiser, Masters champ and Blanton  Collier, Cleveland Browns head Coach.  It was a real experience an something I wouldn't trade for the world.

• senec
    252 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2011 6:42 PM

My first job was also as a caddie,in a private golf course near Montreal.Caddies were divided into three classes:class A-B and C.Class C was for beginners like me.We didn't go on the course much,we were sent with a golfer to the practice range to shag balls.The only problem is that there were no greens,no pins,no targets...YOU WERE THE TARGET.So imagine 4 or 5 little kids in the field with a little bag,trying our best to recover our players practice balls while trying not to get killed at the same time.50 cents for a half hour,a dollar for an hour.

SENEC

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 1:30 PM

senec:
    trying our best to recover our players practice balls while trying not to get killed at the same time
    Well, since your in Canada, perhaps they should have given you Goalie pads.... =)

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 7:18 PM

My first job was also as a caddy at a very upscale country club.. First day on the job I was in the pro shop cleaning clubs, shoes, floors. etc. when these 2 members come in. All the A & B caddies were working so the caddy boss asked me if I could carry 2 bags. I would get paid double for carrying both bags. Being young and dumb I said sure. I made through 9 holes but the members took pity on me ( no carts were allowed ) as I was damn near dead. I got paid double for the full 18 plus the each member tipped my 5 bucks. Caddied there 3 years, never carried 2 bags again and never made that much money in one day either.

• scotthatfield
    4 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 7:14 PM

I caddy at the Patriot club in Owasso, Ok.   Very hilly course, elevation changes of 2-400 feet on 4 holes, check them out online,   I double bagged it there 3 times last year.  About tore my knees up but its fun.

• PAGES
RSS