• PAGES
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 2:39 PM

Slooooow down and concentrate;.........you asked for it!! LOL      

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 3:15 PM

I've been saying this same thing for the last 2 months lol. Guess it took a popular player's post to get any attention =) Oh well. I think it should be just like this:

Better prizes for single plays.

More Single Plays

Limited amount of plays for the now "unlimited play tournaments"

Or a purchase plays option with a reasonable limit.

As Ncviz said, for people who work all week we really have no or at least a much slimmer chance of winning these, not to mention I just go nuts trying over and over again. Am I suppose to spend my entire weekend restarting the tournaments? ha! no thank you. Yea, I suppose if I were better then I guess I wouldn't have to keep trying, but you just cannot tell me these leaders go out and do it without a lot of time spent. I guess I could always just quit playing them. I'm sure WGT loves that idea eh? I still think penalizing the player's rating for quitting a round early is a great idea too. Just a little bit, nothing too mean =)

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 3:55 PM

Why do you play the unlimited play tournaments if you don't like them. Why don't you just compete in the single play tournaments? I have not researched this but, are there better prizes on the unlimited play?  I like the single play tournaments as well but I also know that you are always one computer glitch away from last place. In my opinion, that is "lottery" golf's little sister.

Anyway, I think that everybody's situation is different and that some people play a lot more than others. Maybe that is why WGT gives you the choice of playing single or multi-play. This is just my opinion. I have not been around as long as some of the people commenting on this topic so if there is something that I don't know, any corrections or enlightenments will be taken sincerely.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:00 PM

Recently the unlimited play tournaments have been rewarding a high payout of credits, the single plays give "real awards." However I have not found myself to have any interest in any of the single play prizes, aside from the US Open. I could not care less about some people vs the pros thing and it has an absurd entry fee. I would like to see a few single plays with oodles of cr's being awarded to the top 3 for a cheap entry price. Or real clubs such as in past months. The Amazon gift card is a little eye catching but still a high entry fee. I figure with all the new virtual clubs out now, there will be some great tournaments next month. July is a bit of a lackluster though, IMHO.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 8:46 PM

Speedyschic said it all, why play unlimited play tournaments if you don't like them?

There is an appropriate choice for all tastes as far as tournaments, and all have a choice in what they wish to play, and what they wish to ignore.  Though the addition of multi-round tournaments would be ideal as an added choice.

Once the half dozen single play pay or single play free tournaments are played in a few days, what do you do for the rest of the month, play ranked rounds again?  For what?

Unlimited play tournaments are like the rankings by average were, don't mean much.  Just something to occupy someones time to see what the best an individual can do against the course and themselves (as Tibbets alluded to), but with a little added kick than a ranked round (seeing how there is no longer any ranking).

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 4:36 AM

It's pretty simple why I play in unlimited tourneys. I would rather not have to pay for tourneys/clubs etc. if I don't have to. My 6 yr old niece could have figured that out.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 4:58 AM

Whatever happened to these tournaments for charity? I've never seen them...why wouldn't they keep at least one of those a month? That would be a good single play tourney with a large amount going to charity instead of the players if they choose to play that one. They wouldn't do away with those forever would they?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 6:15 AM

The frustration value I personally have with these is thru the roof in some weeks. On the bad days, I'm not a very nice girl to be around. And alot of times I won't even play in the multi for that specific reason....................... this is a quote from the first post in this thread... 

Remember it is just a game. It is meant to be fun!!    I thought the statement about your 6 year old neice was cute..lol... She sounds like a smart girl. Present her with a game which makes her "frustration value" go "thru the roof". Watch what she does. Maybe you should do the same..lol..

I had to throw a friendly shot back at ya for hitting me with the neice jab

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 8:24 AM

There are always choices, thank God for that.

I think what Ncviz is looking for are single play tournaments that award credits instead of or in addition to prizes.  That would be a welcomed added choice for the community, not denying those who enjoy unlimited play their choice.

And Lysti is right on, there should be at least one charity tournament a month, no matter the format.

• PAGES
RSS