Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How long will this site be available?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:25 AM (3 replies)
  • Nickelless
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:28 PM

I've been playing this game since the Open was played, I'm enjoying it immensely, not doing well in tournaments, but I play many practice rounds at Bethpage and Kiawah along with rank play. I'm also trying to improve on the skill challenges on all available courses, quite frustrating though, always seem to have two missed green holes, I've reached the pro tier with a score avg of 80.24.

My question is, how long will I be able to continue playing this game? And will other courses be available to in stroke play mode?

Thanks for any help with my queries!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:45 PM

Well, we hope forever, or as close to that as possible.  From what I've read on the tubes, WGT has a ton of sponsors just lining up to throw money at them, so I foresee this game being around to stay for quite some time.

We're still in beta, so that explains the lack of courses.  It's much easier to create the skills challenge than it is to make every square inch of the course playable.  I think in due time we'll have a vast selection of championship courses to choose from.

Settle in and enjoy! :)

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:24 AM

A club is only as good as its members.

and as the site becomes even more popular it won't be just sponsors knocking on the door. i'm sure courses will be lineing up too.

maybe sometime in the future we will have a proper tour 20+ courses, order of merit, our own majors. who knows.

i think the USPGA and WGT have set a benchmark with Bethpage Black things can only get better and bigger for this site.

WATCH THIS SPACE

• Nickelless
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:25 AM

I thank you kindly for your response, I've learned over the years that the golf course is a great place to meet nice people; and it's no different here......this is GR8 !!!!

RSS