Help › Forums

Re: Just played a ringer

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:05 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2022 5:41 PM

MioKontic:

The OP posted in 2010; the first reply is just a few days ago... 12 years later!  There is a huge difference beteween what was availabe in WGT back then and what there is now.  There were no coin games, all Scored or Ranked games counted towards your Score Average, which in turn determined your Tier.  5 Scored/Ranked games at Hack tier and you became an Amateur (the Score Average had to be below a certain figure, but you had to be incredibly bad to not move up at least from Hack!).  10 games at Amateur and you moved up to Pro.  And so it went on and players moved up the tiers.  Yes, even back then there were sandbaggers, cheats and multi-accounters as players protected their Score Average by either not playing Scored/Ranked rounds, or maxing out rounds so that their Score Average was hugely inflated.

However, with many players now just playing coin games, and with no apparent criteria for tiering up for those players, one can stay as a Hack with a 150 Score Average for a long time.  I find it hard to believe that WGT look at every coin player to check how they are doing in order to move them up the tiers.  I only ever play coin games now in Showdowns, but I still come across many players at Pro-Master tier who are at level 90+ and Score Averages that make them look like they haven't a clue how to play the game.  The worst thing about it is that WGT don't care one iota so long as they are spending money, and as you can only buy balls with credits I guess many of these players do actually pay to play, unless they are doing free-credit offers.   However, if they are only playing coin games, then quite frankly there's nothing to worry about because, as has been said many times, coins are both worthless and useless since you can't buy anything with them anyway, unlike credits which is what the OP was referring to with Matchplay Challenges.  If you are worried about losing worthless coins then simply play in the cheaper coin rooms, or better still not at all!

Here's exactly what I was talking about...

Just played the first round of the Showdown and all three opponents were Master tier.  The first - Walzy24 - was at level 102 and had the best equipment.  He had an eagle and a birdie in the 3 holes, but he will remain a Master forever and fleece other players off baby tees because he plays no ranked rounds and has an average of over 75.  I can't remember the name of the second opponent, but he was at level 99.

When it comes to playing for coins (which I don't do), then they can carry on doing that as far as I'm concerned.  However, if they are entering showdowns then that's a different matter as they're playing for tangible prizes (credits and balls) with high-end equipment off baby tees, and are far better players than their tier and average suggest, which gives them an unfair advantage.  This is what WGT need to take care of, but they never will, and it's why I never have and never will pay a single penny into this game; money in their coffers is more important than their integrity and the integrity of the game itself - they are happy to see cheats and sandbaggers so long as their pockets are being filled.

• PAGES
RSS