Help › Forums

Re: different putters(30ft/60ft/150ft)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 31 2008 8:24 AM (22 replies)
  • clabbem
    25 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2008 7:10 AM

Hi:

I think that won´t be good to put marks in the power swin., the scores that the players are doing are reasonable. Power swin will  depend of your hability or sensibility as same as in the real golf., so if crew´s decide  put marks on that the game they´ll decide to do a arcade game and this isn´t the idea of the crew´s i believe, and the scores will be ridiculous as many others games for  kids as tigerwood for instance.

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Tue, Oct 28 2008 2:28 PM

I disagree about the 'slice' or 'hook'.  It's real.  In real life you could pull or push the pall off it's intended line.  The same in the game.  I've had more than one putt miss by an inch or two because I pulled or pushed it. 

Leave it as is.  It's like real life.  You have to be as close to perfect as possible.

• glhadiator
    39 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2008 8:24 AM

I am in agreement with Petebolte with this one. We don't need any different putters than we are already given. I have not had an instance where I was unable to make the distance to the hole. Going past it...no problem :-)

The scale and the grid are simply there to help us 'visualize' the hole and the green around it. Can you imagine having such a thing on a real green! Since this is a 2d representation we need some aids but too many aids and it becomes arcade.

When I first started playing computer golf similar to this one I was frustrated because I had to guesstimate slope, roll, wind effect and power.I started golfing for real because of those games. And you know what I discovered? On the course I had to guesstimate slope, roll, wind effect and power!

I don't want WGT to make this the best 'game' possible. I want them to make it difficult and realistic. Just as it is on the real courses. However, I do believe that a player should be able to pull out any club from the bag and use it. Just because I would never hit a ball in that manner doesn't mean someone else wouldn't.

Glhad

RSS