Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pay-to-play tourneys

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 24 2009 11:22 AM (3 replies)
  • Gigs1973
    528 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 9:30 AM

About how many people play these tourneys? I can't imagine a whole lot of people forking over $5, $6 or $10 to play one game. I especially can't imagine the CTTH tourneys where the winners are randomly chosen.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:09 AM

Well there is prizes for placing you know. Let's see, don't pay and watch tibbs win another $500 this month or do play and maybe beat him or whoever out for it, easy choice for me. I suppose if you felt like you didn't have a chance it would be different. But given the current state of the game, alot of these tourneys could be won by any number of people.

Anyway, if you goto the leaderboard, that is essentially a list of who payed in to play.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:45 AM

You don't have to pay to enter the pay to play tournys.

Straight from the rules of the June Amateur Tier Open:

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/rules.aspx?ID=24404d2f-8e31-4d49-ad1f-9c18010c3374

b. Step Two. Register for the Contest. There are two ways to register for this Contest.

1. Obtain and Apply Credits to Register for the Contest. Six Hundred (600) WGT credits will be deducted from your World Golf Tour account. If you do not have at least Six Hundred credits in your World Golf Tour account you will not be eligible to register for or enter the Contest by applying WGT Credits. To obtain Credits:

1. Obtain credits through gameplay on the World Golf Tour site; or
      2. Purchase credits on the World Golf Tour site by credit card or other financial instrument
    2. Free Method of Registration. Send a 3"x5" card with the following information hand-written on it: your name, address, World Golf Tour user name, email address, date of birth, contest name, and date, to: World Golf Tour, Inc., June Amateur Tier Open Entry Request, 180 Sansome Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Within forty eight hours of Sponsor’s receipt of your postcard, Sponsor will activate your registration status in the Contest and send an email to the email address specified in your WGT user account confirming such registration. You will then be able to begin to play the Game and enter the Contest. All postcards must be received at least 5 days prior to the end of the Contest Period (defined below) in order for registration status to be activated during such Contest Period. Each mail-in registration request must be mailed separately, limit one mail-in request per person, per email address, and per WGT user account. Mail-in requests must be hand-written. Computer generated, typewritten, and other electronically or mechanically reproduced mail-in requests are not acceptable. Mail-in requests that do not conform with the requirements herein will not be acknowledged and Sponsor will disregard such requests and will not activate registration status.
  • Gigs1973
    528 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 11:22 AM

That is so sweet! I will check the official rules for every tourney from now on.

RSS