Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Haha..... Anyone else royally choke on the championship round?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NateDiggy
    36 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 12:09 AM

I wrote about my round in another post...the pressure wasn't a factor at all for me, which shocked me...I had one solitary bad hole...one errand tee shot ruined my entire round, but that's part of the game!   It just proves how bloody difficult it is to really put together a great round!   So many things have to go right.    And looking at the scores, it's obvious that very few of us played to our potential, but this will do nothing but help us to mentally prepare for St. Andrews.

Nivlac, take a bow cuz you deserve one!   Although the Phil comparison is accurate in regards to the US Open, it is also accurate in the way that Phil is one of the best in the world!   And clearly, you are too.

Congrats to NASA....and the ultimate bow goes to WGT for putting this together!   My utmost gratitude to the powers that be,    Nate

• BeachGolf
    119 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 8:59 AM

Let's see.....

Well, I played one qualifying round and shot 70.  Just before qualifying ended, I played twice to see if I could improve my chance of making the cut and shot 71 and 69.

Then, thinking I could practice for the championship, I clicked on the US OPEN championship on the WGT menu (on the website page, not in the game window) and the championship round started immediately!  No warning, no chance to exit or anything!  I was not happy!

Anyway, talk about choke...I couldn't hit anything and didn't make any putts.  I even 3-putted from 3 feet.  I shot 83.  There's always next year.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:39 PM

i didnt get a chance to choke!!! played 14 out of the 18 holes into a 9mph + headwind! I never stood a chance. was wondering if we all played under the same conditions, if not how is that even remotely fair??? BTW i shot 84

• PAGES
RSS