Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any math formulas to find putt distance?

Tue, Apr 25 2023 9:37 PM (80 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 8:39 PM

Tepi62Ka:

Yes I just read it...and get my head messed up but thanks anyway

Here's something else to mess up your head.  There are no shortcuts to putting like you seem to want.  You have been told where and how to find the information, now you just have to digest the one that is right for you.  Otherwise, maybe a different game might be the way to go.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 7:52 AM

garyk49:
    Here's something else to mess up your head.  There are no shortcuts to putting like you seem to want.  You have been told where and how to find the information, now you just have to digest the one that is right for you.  Otherwise, maybe a different game might be the way to go.

I dont think he is being dismissive, I really think there is a language barrier with him. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 1:12 AM

Thanks god someone likes to understand me...thanks. Just wonder how I can give effect that I want some shortcut for putting? Like I said, more I am frustrated for my bad putting...

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 10:08 AM

Tepi62Ka:
    I am frustrated for my bad putting...

You're not alone.  I think pretty much everyone who plays this game is probably frustrated with their putting, even players who have been playing for years 😕

As I mentioned earlier, it is going to take time, and practice, and trial-and-error.  In the meantime, try to enjoy the game.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:01 PM

Tony08888:

Babzilla33 uses JC Snead method and his average is 1.24 which makes him one of the better putters in the game. Do a search for JC Snead and read up on that system.

Appreciate the shout out Tony. You are a good friend and a great putter from all the videos I’ve watched. Keep it up sir!

-Ross-

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:51 PM

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 4:04 PM

SamSpayed:
    As I mentioned earlier, it is going to take time, and practice, and trial-and-error.  In the meantime, try to enjoy the game.

Here's a putting method that works. Drop 10 balls on the Topgolf putting green and try to work out the breaks for each of the speeds and conditions.

10 practice putts a day equals 3,650 practice putts a year.

Guaranteed to help your game!

• ATabbyCat
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 1:30 PM

Where on earth did the 7.9 number come from?

• ATabbyCat
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 1:45 PM

With all due respect Jason where are some of your numbers coming from. You start with 7.9 but what is that number and where does it come from. Later you add 2 to the distance. Why? How is the number 2 arrived at?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 5:55 PM

ATabbyCat:
    Where on earth did the 7.9 number come from?

After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands

RSS