Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is a high number for meter speed slow or fast?

Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:55 PM (47 replies)
  • GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2023 6:43 AM

The L33 Callaways are working nicely for me.  I played several coin room games to figure out how to manage distance with my irons.  Ended up using some backspin (but not full) most of the time.  After that,  I played the Best of Par 5 course and beat my previous best for 18 holes by two strokes, picking up 3 eagles on the front 9.  I don't think I had ever gotten 3 eagles in 9 holes before. Picked up an Achievement that got me 50 credits, too.  I choked a bit on the back 9 or I would have scored even better.  The slower meter really helps with my putting.  Thanks again for those.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2023 1:20 PM

GreenLaser:

The L33 Callaways are working nicely for me.  I played several coin room games to figure out how to manage distance with my irons.  Ended up using some backspin (but not full) most of the time.  After that,  I played the Best of Par 5 course and beat my previous best for 18 holes by two strokes, picking up 3 eagles on the front 9.  I don't think I had ever gotten 3 eagles in 9 holes before. Picked up an Achievement that got me 50 credits, too.  I choked a bit on the back 9 or I would have scored even better.  The slower meter really helps with my putting.  Thanks again for those.

My pleasure.  Glad they're working out for you 🙂  Also, thanks for the balls you sent me in return 🍺

• TheDudemeister69
    1,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2023 11:58 PM

pdb1:

The theory is for instance , that if you have club speeds of say 3.5 on your clubs ( irons ) say . Because you use your irons a lot .

Then your ball speed should be closer to 3.5 .

Not 2.5 or 5.0 .

It supposedly syncs them better . Smoother . It really seems to work .

That is simply not true, and I doubt that anyone who plays this game with any decent amount of skill would agree with you.  I would prefer to just let this go, but you are spreading bad information that is not helping new players (never mind having them waste their credits trying to "match their equipment and ball meter speeds").

I suggest that anyone who wants to try this theory out can do the following:

1.  Equip/rent a set of irons with a 3.0 meter speed, then "match" them with a 3.0 meter ball, and give the combo a thorough test.  An even better test would be the L45 Max Precision irons (1.5 meter) paired with a 1.5 meter ball.

2.  Equip/rent a set of irons with a 4.5 meter speed, pair them with a 4.5 meter ball, and test the combo.

Despite both combos being "matched", that second combination is going to work way better for everyone, with a better meter on every platform.

pdb1:
    Sam . You are nonesense . You're elitist opinions do not apply .

Looking at your stats, it is clear that you are in no position to accuse SamSpayed of speaking nonsense.  Also, just because someone with a better understanding of the game and more skill than you has a different opinion, it doesn't make it "elitist".

pdb1:
    At one time , for years before the above person ever heard of WGT . That tip was a known solution for some meter issues . It was told to me several times . I did not make it up . Not a solid fix . But a place to start . If not having issues then no need to try . 3.5 club and 5.0 ball is perfectly normal .

A "known solution for some meter issues" that was bandied about "for years before the above person ever heard of WGT"..... you mean back in the Flash days?  There's no way any "fix" for meter issues from the Flash / PC version of the game would have any applicability to meter issues in the modern version of the game on the various platforms.

Anyone reading this thread and trying to decide who to believe need only compare pdb1's stats with SamSpayed's and it's pretty clear who has a better handle on how this game works.

• BTuck2112
    11 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 12:08 PM

How can you guys afford to buy decent balls, let alone gift them? I’m level 45 and saving up for a driver to replace the starter driver. How do you guys make gold to spend on balls? These starter balls are rocks. Should I buy the WGT spin or distance balls for 20 gold? 

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 10:05 AM

That is an open-ended question.  As for myself, I am retired, have no mortgage or car payments, and collecting three retirement checks. I am sure there are various levels of economic success on here.  It is kind of like asking how someone can afford a nice car, home, vacations, etc. 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 2:01 PM

BTuck2112:
    How can you guys afford to buy decent balls, let alone gift them? I’m level 45 and saving up for a driver to replace the starter driver. How do you guys make gold to spend on balls?

I do it by going on mobile and watching the free videos at 2 credits each.  150 credits/day max.  In a week, you can earn 1050 credits, which is more than enough to upgrade your equipment and keep yourself in decent balls.

BTuck2112:
    These starter balls are rocks. Should I buy the WGT spin or distance balls for 20 gold? 

No, just use the rocks until you get better clubs.  Then look at the Srixons or the L33 Callaway balls.

• BTuck2112
    11 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 3:16 PM

Thanks Sam! This was super helpful. I am able to do the TapJoy ones too and already made 150 gold! Thanks so much!!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:55 PM

BTuck2112:

Thanks Sam! This was super helpful. I am able to do the TapJoy ones too and already made 150 gold! Thanks so much!!

Yes…if diligent that’s 54,750 credits/year…enough to enjoy the game however you choose to do so.  

RSS