Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wk 25 Kiawah Closest-to-the-Hole Sweeps

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:16 PM (2 replies)
  • bowl818
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 4:11 PM

Hi there everyone!  I just joined up yesterday and am having lots of fun.  I don't usually golf much in RL, so I understand my learning curve will be steep.  I did find the Kiawah tournaments and they are proving much easier than the Bethpage US Open qualifier that I tried first.  haha

So... I've been trying this "Closest to the Hole" contest on the Kiawah course and can sometimes get within 20-30 feet on maybe 2-3 of the holes.  The rest are a mess.  So my ending score ended up about 470.  When I looked at the leaderboard, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 2 people below 60!  

So... Am I doing something blatantly wrong?  How can so many people be so accurate!  That's like within 10 feet for each hole!!  I'm usually trying the given club with lots of back spin and trying to adjust for wind and power.  But dang, I can't believe how far I'm off the pace.  Is this normal for a noob golfer on the WGT??

Thanks all in advance for any replies!

Bowl818 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:07 PM

Welcome bowl818 ... (and yes, that is quite an accomplishment, grats on the 818!)

Now, let me ask you a rhetorical question... did you bowl the 818 in the first week you picked up a bowling ball?  or did you have to get in some serious practicing / time / effort etc?

I hope you get my point.  =)

• bowl818
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:16 PM

hehe - I get your point.  Took me 17 years to roll that series!  Practice does pay off.

I just wish I can watch the peeps with their club selections, power adjustments and aiming while they shoot.  After all, I was able to watch my fellow bowlers with their equipment and aim.  :-)

Anyways... I just did put one about 1.4 feet from the hole (on accident of course).  So I know its possible.  

Practice, Practice, Practice..  I'll come back at ya after 200 rounds played!  

Thanks again for the reply Snaike!

RSS