Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 31 Members and rising fast - with professional articles for every Tournament

Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:58 AM (1 replies)
  • saja1970
    160 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:42 AM

HI I'm saja1970

I am the curator of Aotearoa Country Club, (named after the Maori name for New Zealand)....it translates to The Land of the Long White Cloud, but for our country club, the motto is "The Club with the Long White Bunker".

We currently only have 31 members, of which 20 are regular players. We are all of different levels, which makes for  competitive Tournaments. 

You must be Tour Pro Or below to join, but once ur joined there is no limit on rank

I regularly set up tourneys at least twice a week, maybe even 3 times a week, depending on my work schedule. 

I have also just upgraded Aotearoa Country club to be able to allow upto 50 members, We only have 19 places left, so first come first in

Our Tourneys are not only free comps, but also for credits, so there is always the opportunity to win big and win small, which ever your budget demands.

All results are posted at least once a week, I also write articles on every tournament, which all my members have complimented me on, a little fiction and a lot of imagination goes into them. There is also the option if you like, to save and upload your score cards to the corresponding threads, which also allows me to get the articles to match your rounds, also for other members to view..

That's about all the info I can give you, as we have only been going about 2 months and things are really taking off. So think it over and if you decide to join us here at Aotearoa Country club, not only will you be welcome from all our staff, but our members will be very happy to see you on the grass.

So all you have to do is request membership, then we'll take it from there.

Please also read the notes below, because once you join you must accept the conditions or you lose your membership.

TWO RULES WE LIVE BY HERE AT AOTEAROA COUNTRY CLUB!!!

1. It's a must, we have one rule, YOU MUST POST A SCORE in the tournament you enter, then if you enter it again, and you wish to WD, then this is ok. BUT YOU MUST POST A SCORE IN EACH TOURNAMENT YOU ENTER BEFORE THE CLOSE OF THE TOURNAMENT, IF IT IS A SINGLE ROUND THEN WE ASK YOU TO FINISH YOUR ROUND, EVEN IF IT HURTS YOUR RATINGS or you may lose your membership.

We don't want to see WD on our leader boards, in any of our tournaments. If this happens on a regular basis, by any member you may be removed. It's not good sportsmanship and goes against the fairplay we keep here at A.C.C

2. If you don't enter/play tournaments at least 4 a month we MAY have to consider allowing room for others to join that do want to play, which also means the POSSIBILITY of Membership cancellation. 

Your Sincerely

Saja1970

Aotearoa Country Club Founder

Thursday 14th October

• MasterMarijuana
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:58 AM

saja1970,

I'd just like to say, thank you for putting all the effort into Aotearoa Country Club. The dividends are certainly paying of know with larger tournaments and 20 plus Members out of 32 playing in every tourney.

The added feature of the articles and leader boards, with the winners phot'o's great Idea.

That last article you wrote was spot on, also very imaginative and funny....this passage was the best. "he steps up  to the ball. the crowd are silent, you could hear a cow fart from 300 yards." Beautifully written had me in Hysteric's

Thank you again, proud to be apart of Aotearoa Country Club

Fair play and good sportsmanship for all

Master M

RSS