3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 3:41 PM

Thank you for replying Shoe , and all others

Gary (woodo)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 3:57 PM

SweetiePie:
    I heard that if the SO is kept entirely on the starter club the question will never come up

Problem is, the SO is always wanting to upgrade;)

• Mitchingwedge
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 1:02 AM

The biggest benefit to having a good forgiveness rating in regards to a putter, is that when a putt is very close/near the edge, it is likely to drop, whereas with the starter putter for example, the ball will generally rim out and away. 

As for any other clubs, I dunno. Don't buy 'em, don't need 'em. Yet. Maybe it means Jesus forgives you for your expletive-laced tirade after your ball splooshity splooshes in the drink. He understands, having always had a rough time with #12 at Nazareth Lakes. Can't fathom how many times he screamed his own name at the top of his lungs on that hole. Water to the right always got Him thanks to his wicked slice. Turning it into wine helped in small ways. Still had to take the penalty, but he loved getting wasted "searching" for his ball. Ballelujah. 

• bossola
    9 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2023 2:32 PM

i just can say that, after having played thousands of ranked games, have been working in my mind billions of evaluations concerning winds, uplvels, downlevels, ball rollings, spins, overdings, underdings, percentages on shots powerings, the best thing is ... experience! my brain has been computing all of this factors for years, and nowadays i just hit as per feeling. that's the most real-simulating game i saw ever. by the way, if i have to state a mathematical law, i can say that the more you get better clubs and balls,   the factors you have to face become fewer. i mean, if you have to calculate tons of things with starter wgt clubs, when you get better clubs they automatically lower the factors.

P.S: sometimes i play a good round: hole 15, -8. double bogey, ruined round. Hole 16, on the approach shot i just go with the felling, being sick of computing: 1  yard by the hole! JUST  FEELING IT!!

RSS