Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 12:47 PM

JonPope0:
    Thanks Scott, I'll give it a go. I'm pretty sure this will be more effort than calculating the clash scores manually, but I'm enjoying the academic exercise!! (And good news that I'm off moderation now - thanks WGT Nico)

I think so too Jon, but like you I enjoy learning new things on the ol' 'puter. YouTube is always a good source of info if you get a little stuck.

Moderation is a pain for conversations so getting off that is always good.

Good luck Jon and cheers. ; )

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2023 4:49 AM

Hey Scott.

A question you might aware more than me. Do you know which DX version uses WGT? Is it 9, 10,11,12?

Cheers pal.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2023 6:58 AM

Hi Yiannis,

Sorry for the delay but I lost my graphics card for about an hour. System didn't even see it for some reason, back though now, phew!

I had a look around to see what I could find about directX and WGT and the only info I could dig up was that your graphics card should support DX9 to play it. I don't know how old that information is or even if it is accurate, but that is all I've got currently.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2023 8:44 AM

Thank you Scott, so probably WGT is a DX9 game.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2023 9:22 AM

You're welcome Yiannis. If the info is correct at least that should make it playable on older operating systems.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2023 1:53 PM
    When i sign on discord my name never shows up in players online or in the champion slot . Why .
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2023 2:00 PM

Sorry Craig, I don't use discord. You'll have to ask someone who is familiar with the program. : (

• valmac
    1,169 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2023 8:19 AM

ScottHope:

Hi Scott, after many hours of trying to fix my problem, this worked for me. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your information. Many many thanks indeed... you are a star!!!

Love

Valerie x

WGT Golf Reset for Windows

If your WGT game isn't working correctly, you could try resetting it.

There is no feature built into the game to do this, but you can download and run a small script that I have written to simulate a reset.

The script removes the WGT key from your computers registry. This may sound drastic, but if any of the values within this key are corrupt or missing, they will be renewed when you launch the game again after running the script.

There is no need to worry about losing any of your stats or equipment, these are stored at WGTs end and will remain safe.

The only things you need to have after running the script are your WGT login name and password, as the script will log you out of the game. All the game settings will also be reset to their defaults.

To reset the game download this file . Once downloaded, locate it in your downloads folder and double click it to run it. You will get some security pop ups about modifying the registry, but OK those.

The file only takes a couple of seconds to do its job, after which you can launch the game.

Job done!

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2023 8:50 AM

Hi Val, very happy to hear that it worked for you, and thanks to Luis as well for passing the messages back and forth.

Thank you both, take care and have fun!  ; )

Scott.

• WBgoober
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 1:27 PM

On top of my WGT going into shrinking mode, all I had was a dark Dell screen with the 6 tiny dots spinning forever. Somehow got Windows back after many hours, but still had "tiny" WGT! Saw this thread and thought .... I'm desparate to keep my consecutive days going. What if it's some kind of virus? Didn't care, at this point I was ready to chunk it and get a new one. BUT  .... VOILA! it worked and I'm a happy golfer. SCOTT, the miracle worker.

THANK YOU!!!!

RSS