Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 8:18 AM

WGTNico:

Hey I can actually give some insight into this. 

I've asked why before, and the reason it's unlikely we'll ever show the green speed specifically in coin rooms is because if people know before teeing off and if it's a green speed they just do not like, it's very likely that the player will just leave/forfeit. Which we don't want to see happen more than it already does. We want you to play in whatever conditions the game gives you.

Now that's just for coin games, I do hope in the future we can add it into tournaments, because something like that wouldn't be effected by knowing what the green speeds are and we already give out the words of what it is in the description instead of just outright saying what it is.

HOOKER1955:

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you might have some insight as to why WGT doesn't show what the green speed is until all golfers are on the green? What's the big secret? When you're close to the green and your next shot requires you to CHIP on to the green it sure would be nice to know how hard or soft to hit the chip shot. I've had 6' chip shots that rolled clear off the green because I went with the hopes the green speed would be STANDARD or ... I'm sure you get the picture. Granted its usually just the first hole as the rest of the greens should have the same speed but knowing just what you're up against could be the difference between winning and losing.

Hi Nico;

Do you notice how the masses routinely pose questions to Scott and follow his expertise when it comes to this game and to technology in general?. Scott has proven himself, time and time again, to be an irreplaceable member of the forum.

This fact alone should qualify him for the "19th hole" recognition.

sayin'

ct

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 8:53 AM

HOOKER1955:

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you might have some insight as to why WGT doesn't show what the green speed is until all golfers are on the green? What's the big secret? When you're close to the green and your next shot requires you to CHIP on to the green it sure would be nice to know how hard or soft to hit the chip shot. I've had 6' chip shots that rolled clear off the green because I went with the hopes the green speed would be STANDARD or ... I'm sure you get the picture. Granted its usually just the first hole as the rest of the greens should have the same speed but knowing just what you're up against could be the difference between winning and losing.

Hey, If your on PC- when the first ball hits the green...Click the three dots in upper left corner of game screen to open the menu, close it and you should see the green speed for a moment. It dont help if your first on the green except to knw what speed you will be putting, but if your last on the green it will give you an idea of how to approach the shot.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 9:11 AM

Thanks for that info Nico.

Thank you Colin but I have been offered the 19th hole accolade before, and I turned it down. I like relative obscurity.  ; )

Thanks PG, that's interesting, might try that myself.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 10:44 AM

Seriously, Scott... You should be inducted into Hall of Fame!

Nico, Champ or anyone from WGT reading this, please consider!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 12:43 PM

ScottHope:
    Thank you Colin but I have been offered the 19th hole accolade before, and I turned it down. I like relative obscurity.  ; )

Not to be insensitive, but I did a little digging on those who were awarded the Golden Putter from Champ. It appears only 1 is still among us.

So, good move Scott on turning down 19th hole (which you richly deserve).

BEWARE OF THE GOLDEN PUTTER!!!

Besides, Hoperman needs no rewards, public service is a reward in itself.

However, seeing the Hoperman feet in the Pro-Shop would be cool.

• Blackjackman5
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 7:37 PM

Brilliant! Thank you so much - I was frustrated for 3 days trying different things I saw posted, but this finally did the trick!

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 12:21 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Seriously, Scott... You should be inducted into Hall of Fame!

Nico, Champ or anyone from WGT reading this, please consider!

We all know Scott is HOF outside of this game’s recognition.  I respect his request and stance concerning this.  Thanks Scott for everything you do to help this game survive.  Just think of the people who still play the game because Scott got them up and running while WGT was working on more important stuff like G&As (who needs members anyway?).  πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 7:59 AM

Thank you so much guys.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 8:10 AM

pmm711:
    We all know Scott is HOF outside of this game’s recognition.  I respect his request and stance concerning this.  Thanks Scott for everything you do to help this game survive.  Just think of the people who still play the game because Scott got them up and running

+1 Well said, Paul.

pmm711:
    while WGT was working on more important stuff like G&As (who needs members anyway?).  πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 10:03 AM

Scott will always be HOF in my book

RSS