Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 6:50 AM

Any advice after new update inviting people for a game is not compact as before the upgrade. You hardly can see who you are inviting

My resolution for game is 1024 x768

Thanks

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 8:49 AM

Unless the font sizes have been messed up by the upgrade, I'm not sure that you can do much other than try a different resolution. Does your machine's screen size allow you to try that?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:08 AM

ScottHope:
    Unless the font sizes have been messed up by the upgrade, I'm not sure that you can do much other than try a different resolution. Does your machine's screen size allow you to try that?

Scott that is exactly the issue. Some of the game screens such as the multiplayer setup screens have been designed using a widescreen aspect ratio. So when someone with a standard aspect ration (1024x768) uses them its all squished together and some of the buttons are not totally visible.

The only real remedy if you have a standard size screen (not wide) is to change your screen size to a widescreen format. I would suggest using your Custom PCEA Resize Tool to adjust the window height just enough so that the buttons are usable.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:21 AM

Cheers Marchie.

There's another resolution picker here that might be a little easier to use.

• WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 10:51 AM

MarchieB:

ScottHope:

Scott that is exactly the issue. Some of the game screens such as the multiplayer setup screens have been designed using a widescreen aspect ratio. So when someone with a standard aspect ration (1024x768) uses them its all squished together and some of the buttons are not totally visible.

The only real remedy if you have a standard size screen (not wide) is to change your screen size to a widescreen format. I would suggest using your Custom PCEA Resize Tool to adjust the window height just enough so that the buttons are usable.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated 

• WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 7:27 AM

ScottHope:

Cheers Marchie.

There's another resolution picker here that might be a little easier to use.

Hi Scott I have been using your resolution picker, but still remains the same

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 7:46 AM

WildCoast, what is your monitor resolution? 

• WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 10:11 AM

Resolution is 1920 x 1080

I prefer the game setup 1024 x768 as I find it easier to hit the ding. Before the upgrade I used the CTRL and play and everything was perfect

Steve

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 10:47 AM

Thanks Steve.

Can you see everything you want to see if you make the game screen larger. Because I could send you a little program that enables you to switch between two window sizes via a keyboard shortcut. Then, once you have your match set up, you can switch to the smaller screen size to play.

Actually, you could do that with the resolution picker but you wouldn't have a keyboard shortcut.

• WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 11:09 AM

Yes I use your resolution picker which I have pinned to my taskbar to setup games and then revert to 1024 x 768

It is painful 😖 

RSS