Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • RobBrookfield
    366 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2021 1:20 PM

Over  the past two days I've been in the middle of three stroke play games and I've been thrown out and advised that I've been disqualified.

It's obviously a serious glitch in the system but it's extremely annoying and frustrating beyond belief.

Also I have to send messages to the other players to advise them of what happened and that I didn't forfeit.

The other extremely annoying aspect of all this is that I'm trying to make Tour Master and in two of the games I was 2 strokes up on much higher ranked players.

This issue needs to be addressed urgently as I'm sure I'm not the only player affected

or am I ?

Rob

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:14 AM

RobBrookfield:

Over the past two days I've been in the middle of three stroke play games and I've been thrown out and advised that I've been disqualified.

[...]

This issue needs to be addressed urgently as I'm sure I'm not the only player affected

or am I ?

Rob, it's not just you.  Others (including myself) have experienced the same thing in multi-player games.  This was my post about it a couple days ago.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 10:14 PM

The app crashed and a message popped up of where to include the 'bug log' or something and send it in a message to wgt. 

However, I wasn't able to find the 'log' from that error tonite, other than 'one entry' around the same time the crash occured.

An spt_log on the Topgolf folder.

Was it the spt_logs ?  that was the required ask of the crash? thanks. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 1:01 PM

wedge0837:

The app crashed and a message popped up of where to include the 'bug log' or something and send it in a message to wgt. 

However, I wasn't able to find the 'log' from that error tonite, other than 'one entry' around the same time the crash occured.

An spt_log on the Topgolf folder.

Was it the spt_logs ?  that was the required ask of the crash? thanks. 

I had a similar error happen to me a few days ago when I tried to launch WGT on Steam.  Did your error look like this?

I found the folder in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WGT Golf\2021-02-24_204050

The folder has 3 files in it - crash.dmp, error.log, and output_log.txt 

Looking at the crash.dmp file in Visual Studio shows the following:

The spt_logs.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf is something else.  That's just a log of when you started the Launcher and whether or not it updated the game.

• dirtygirl15
    13 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 4:13 AM

I've sent you many, many screenshots of auto forfeits, you do nothing other than offer templated platitudes. 

Six games played last night, only one completed.  Played three games this morning, none completed.  

You need to do something positive and stop paying lip service to this problem, it's severe and needs to be sorted out

• SalsaHT
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 4:03 PM

All the time. I have fiber-optic and never loose internet connection.
     Last time I was playing showdown. Lost connection on 1-3 and later on 4-6.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 5:16 AM

My latest trial and error.

Game does not stay in my active list of apps requiring wifi.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/667347/4484256.aspx#4484256

RSS